Job Reference Number:
Market Applications Specialist
Lubricants & Speciality Chemicals
UK or North America
We have an exciting opportunity for a Market Applications Specialist with experience from the Oil & Gas sector (Operator or Service Provider) to join a global leader in speciality chemicals. Typically you will be an experienced Scientist or Chemist from the Oil & Gas industry and will carry out activities in the Oil & Gas sector R&D programme and provide technical support to customers. The role will involve new, speciality chemical, product development and leadership of technical projects to further support existing products used in the market sector. Experience of working closely with customers is essential as the role is strongly customer facing with the primary responsibility of identifying and delivering solutions to unmet customer and market needs.
This position has the flexibility to be based in the UK or North America.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Multiple project coordination
- Provide high level technical support to customers in the field in a defined application area.
- Act as key technical lead at specified customers
- Build relationships with key technical decision makers in order to promote the company’s products in customer approval programmes.
- Provide product support and guidance to customers according to the regional and global development plans.
- Develop solutions to customer problems
- Be recognised as an authority in a defined market/product area.
- Promote the company’s product image through presentations at trade exhibitions and conferences.
- Provide training to the sales team, agents and customers as required
- Plan, run and monitor progress on all projects to deliver results on time.
- Support new product launches including the development of new test methodologies and creation of finished formulations for promotional means.
- Identify opportunities for new projects
- Communicate with global customers, trade organisations, consultants, Sales Directors/Managers, production, marketing, and purchasing.
- Ensure laboratory activities are conducted in accordance with statutory, group and legislative requirements.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Relevant degree qualification
- Experience of working for a Service Company or Operator in the Oil & Gas industry is essential.
- Experience of working as a Chemist / Scientist in the Oil & Gas industry covering laboratory experimental work.
- Good knowledge of speciality chemical usage in the Oil & Gas industry
- Strong technical knowledge in the Flow assurance area
- New product development and new product launch experience
- Excellent spoken and written communications skills
- Aptitude in customer facing roles
- Application and product knowledge related to the Oil & Gas market
- Effective relationship builder
- Demonstrable people and project management skills
- A creative and tenacious personality with good planning and problem solving skills.
Attractive base salary commensurate with experience and location, full benefits package which includes pension, life assurance, expenses, share scheme options, and relocation support if required. Excellent career progression opportunities within this global organisation.
If you meet the above requirements and this opportunity is of interest contact Keeley Robinson on 01565 626754 OR 07854 576318 for full details. Alternatively apply directly via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Oil Recruitment has been recruiting within the lubricants and additives sector since 1999. We work with major oil companies, lubricant, additives and chemical manufacturers and independent blenders. We specialise in the recruitment of R&D, manufacturing, formulation, sales and marketing, operations, commercial, technical and engineering professionals across the UK and Europe.
Oil Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. www.oilrecruitment.co.uk.