Job Reference Number:
Senior R&D Lubricants Formulation Chemist
Lubricants / Oil / Grease
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior level R&D Lubricant Formulation Chemist with 7-10 years formulation experience to join a leading developer and supplier of high performance lubricants as Laboratory Team Leader. As part of the New Product Development Team which has a worldwide reputation for quality and innovation you will play a lead role in managing projects for the development of the very latest in Biodegradable Oils/Lubricants, whilst maintaining some hands on involvement in lubricant formulation activities.
With a Chemistry or other Science related degree you will have extensive formulation experience in gear oil or hydraulic fluid. Alternately you may have experience of grease formulation and manufacturing. The role will involve regular interaction with suppliers, production, and senior management. You will be a multi-faceted individual with excellent communication skills who enjoys being part of a team, leading from the front, and who has a genuine passion for innovation.
A knowledge of biodegradable product development for the marine industry will be a distinct advantage in this position.
- Key Responsibilities:
Responsible for all technical aspects of the product development process including setting up of test matrices, test development, test scheduling and the interpretation and reporting of data.
- Undertake short and long term planning and supervision of technical projects for new product development and the enhancement of existing products.
- Develop a fundamental understanding of technologies using new or existing components, base oils, etc.
- Liaise with raw material suppliers and production on technical issues as required.
- Establish an in depth knowledge and understanding of industry test requirements, associated industry specifications , and product applications.
- Use appropriate methodology to improve the overall performance of marine lubricant technologies in line with identified technical and business needs.
- Keep accurate, up to date lab records.
- As required, represent the company in technical societies and other industry activities.
- Maintain a high level of technical expertise and self-development through study, seminars, etc.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of changes or additions to safety procedures and assist in safety training activities as required.
- Have the necessary drive and focus to achieve business goals
- Team leadership and mentoring.
KEY SKILLS / ATTRIBUTES
Essential Skills/Attributes required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry or related field
- Minimum 7+years lubricant formulation experience
- You will be able to demonstrate effective problem solving and analytical skills and communicate confidently at all levels
- Capable of prioritising workload and developing appropriate timelines to meet the required deadlines
- A genuine passion for new product development and a strong commercial awareness
- Able to take a lead role within the team
- Comfortable in client facing situations
- A flexible approach to work and business travel, conferences, exhibitions etc
• Experience in biodegradable product development
• A knowledge of gear oil, hydraulic oil, grease formulation
Attractive base salary commensurate with experience, plus benefits and relocation assistance if required. A very clear career progression opportunity to management level.
For full details contact Keeley Robinson at Oil Recruitment on 0044(1)565 626754 or 0044(0)7854 576318 or apply direct to email@example.com
Technical Support, Project Management, technical Project Management, Technical, R&D, Chemist, Senior Chemist, Lubricants Chemist, Development Chemist, Formulation Chemist, Scientist, Science, Chemicals, Additives, Oil, Lubricants, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Science, Testing, R&D, Chemistry, Problem Solving, Engineering, Hydraulic Oil, Gear Oil, Grease formulation, Grease, Industrial Grease, Marine Oil, Marine lubrication, Marine Industry, Technology, Grease Formulator, Grease Formulation, Yorkshire, North East, Formulation, Laboratory, Chief Chemist, Biodegradeable, renewable, New Product Development, NPD,
Oil Recruitment has been recruiting within the lubricants and additives sector since 1999. We work with major oil companies, lubricant, additives and chemical manufacturers and independent blenders. We specialise in the recruitment of R&D, manufacturing, formulation, sales and marketing, operations, commercial, technical and engineering professionals across the UK and Europe.
Oil Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK.