Job Reference Number:
Senior Commercial & Business Development Manager
Germany or Austria
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior Business Development and Commercial Manager from the Oil or Lubricants sector to join one of the world’s largest oil companies in the downstream sector. Operating from a home office with business travel and reporting into the Vice President for Europe you will have responsibility for a team of sales professionals in the DACH region and will play a key role in strategic business planning for the region.
This is a leadership level commercial position which requires sales and operational understanding of the business. A very hands on role which offers the opportunity to support global operations at a senior level. You would be working alongside the VP for Europe to manage the entire DACH region with a focus on improvement, procurement, supply chain optimisation and operational excellence.
The successful applicant may be based in Germany or Austria
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Formulation, delivery and management of strategic business plans
- Sales team Leadership and management to ensure delivery of the sales objectives (volume, margins and strategy included)
- Distributor management
- Support all new business development activities (benchmarking, competitive intelligence)
- Competitor and market analysis
- Lead, liaise and coordinate commercial activities to optimise service delivery
- Contribute strategically to the development of the Company’s vision and overall business strategy to maximize its short, mid and long-term plans/ profitability
- Maintain and nurture customer relationships to promote lubricant sales and other products to dealer networks
- Maximise and maintain Maintain a pipeline of new partnership opportunities to drive revenue and increase brand visibility across all relevant markets.
- Liaise with other Department Heads to implement the company’s strategic and operational plans
- Assist with the setting of product pricing to optimise margin with a value selling approach
KEY SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
A solid commercial background in the lubricants or related FMCG environment
Demonstrable track record in Business Development and establishing strategic partnerships in the DACH region
A proven track record in identifying, negotiating, activating and managing strategic partnerships
Exceptional project management skills
Sales team leadership, development, coaching, and management experience in the DACH region
Very commercially astute with a good awareness of the oil and lubricants market in the DACH region
Previous involvement to three or more of the following: strategic relations, pricelist planning, risk management and product based support, operational excellence
A technical knowledge of and general understanding of Distributor channel management
A self-motivated, enthusiastic, and motivated personality with good self-awareness
Expert negotiation, influencing, and presentation skills
Comfortable working in a multicultural environment
Attractive base salary commensurate with experience, bonus, pension, private medical insurance, life assurance, various additional fringe benefits and exceptional career progression opportunities.
Keywords: project management, sales manager, sales management, business development manager, business development manager, commercial manager, supply chain, strategic relations, pricelist planning, risk management, product based support, operational excellence, logistics, operations, production, manufacturing, oil, oil & gas, downstream, Lubricants, Germany, Austria, DACH region, Distributor management, sales, business strategy, strategic planning
Oil Recruitment has
been recruiting within the lubricants and additives sector since
1999. We work with major oil companies, lubricant, additives
and chemical manufacturers and independent blenders. We specialise in
the recruitment of R&D, manufacturing, formulation, sales and
marketing, operations, commercial, technical and engineering
professionals across the UK and Europe.
Oil Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. www.oilrecruitment.co.uk