Job Reference Number:
Technical Procurement Specialist
South of England
We have an exciting opportunity for a CIPS qualified Procurement Specialist to join a global market leader in the speciality chemicals sector. With a degree in Chemistry (or other related field) you will join an established procurement team responsible for the procurement of a portfolio of raw materials & services to meet the operational needs of the business. These will include production & manufacturing facilities, R&D, resale operations, and other corporate departments.
Reporting directly into the Procurement Manager and working closely with the global Procurement team you will have strong communication, negotiation, and organizational skills and a demonstrable track record in the procurement of raw materials and services with a global organization. Effective teamworking skills , good cultural awareness, and a strong business acumen are also essential.
Experience of working in the petroleum additive, lubricant, oil or chemical industry will be a distinct advantage in this position.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Develop and manage strong supplier relationships to negotiate and optimize pricing and supply terms for all raw materials and services
2. Develop a good understanding of the sector for all raw materials, products and services purchased
3. Manage and communicate any anticipated significant market changes which may affect availability and pricing of raw materials and services
4. Work closely with the supplier base to identify potential new sources within the existing portfolio
5. Prepare, maintain and communicate long term sourcing strategies to support the long range planning at both regional and global levels ensuring raw material, product, and services availability
6. Monitor the quality and consistency of all raw materials, products and services used.
7. Work closely with Process Technology, R&D and Manufacturing on quality issues
8. Work collaboratively with all procurement team members both regionally and globally to maximize strategic purchasing initiatives
9. Consult with the wider business group, R&D, Manufacturing and Process Technology to provide information regarding competitive challenges, pricing initiatives, quality, service, price and distribution issues
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
Attractive base salary commensurate with experience, full benefits package, relocation assistance if required, and excellent global career progression opportunities.
For full details contact Keeley Robinson at Oil Recruitment on 0044(1)565 626754 or 0044(0)7854 576318 or apply direct to email@example.com
Procurement, Technical Procurement, Purchasing, Procurement Specialist, Procurement Manager, CIPS, CPSM, Supply Chain, Raw Materials, Services, Manufacturing, Chemicals, Oil, Lubricants, Additives, Petroleum Additives, Fuel Additives, Buyer, Assistant Buyer, Global, International, Chemistry, Bachelors Degree, Science, Economics, Business, Southern England, South West, London, Surrey, Reading, Berkshire, Maidenhead, Windsor, Oxford, Swindon, St Albans, Guildford, Woking, Didcot, Basingstoke
Oil Recruitment has
been recruiting within the lubricants and additives sector since
1999. We work with major oil companies, lubricant, additives
and chemical manufacturers and independent blenders. We specialise in
the recruitment of R&D, manufacturing, formulation, sales and
marketing, operations, commercial, technical and engineering
professionals across the UK and Europe.
Oil Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. www.oilrecruitment.co.uk