Job Reference Number:
Business Development Manager-Industrial Lubricants (Home Based)
Lubricants & Chemicals
Our client, a global leader in lubricants, fuels, associated products and services to the industrial, marine and aviation sectors is looking to appoint a driven, self motivated, and experienced Business Development and Account Manager to cover the North East region.
You will be the main point of contact for key industrial customers within an assigned geography, driving the uptake of industrial lubricants and lubrication management consultancy services. In addition to retaining existing business in these areas, you will effectively plan and implement activities in line with company strategy and objectives to ensure consistent growth and the provision of an excellent level of customer service.
Working from a home office you will have a strong background in technical sales and new business development. Experience of selling into the industrial, manufacturing, and process business sectors is advantageous though not essential. A demonstrable track record and good transferable skills are key.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Identify and develop new business opportunities whilst retaining and managing existing industrial accounts in your assigned territory
- Develop individual account strategies supporting company goals and objectives, analyse/solve customer business issues and present effective recommendations/solutions
- Responsible for improvement of customer revenue, volume and gross margin through the application of Company business tools and guidelines
- Continually enhance company visibility through promotion and networking
- Maintain strong supplier relationships
- Monitor and report on sales within your specified area
- Provide timely management reporting and information
- Liaise closely with customer service colleagues in Head Office.
KEY SKILLS / ATTRIBUTES:
- Strong transferable skills from a background in technical sales, new business development and key account management in the lubricants sector
- You will be a confident and enthusiastic self-starter with the commercial flare and initiative to proactively win new accounts and seek out the potential of currently untapped business
- Hunter approach coupled with effective account management skills
- Experience of operating in the industrial lubricants/engineering/manufacturing sectors would be a distinct advantage
- Experience of cross selling and selling to end users
- Demonstrable success in business development
- A proven track record in sales and account management from the oil, lubricant, fuel additives, or associated industry
- A good knowledge of the industrial, manufacturing, and engineering sectors and a network of contacts would be a distinct advantage
- Good time management skills and the ability to negotiate, influence and communicate successfully at all levels
- Results driven with a flexible approach to work.
A competitive base salary commensurate with experience, bonus, private healthcare, life assurance, tools for the job, car, various voucher schemes, and additional benefits.
Oil Recruitment has
been recruiting within the lubricants and additives sector since
1999. We work with major oil companies, lubricant, additives
and chemical manufacturers and independent blenders. We specialise in
the recruitment of R&D, manufacturing, formulation, sales and
marketing, operations, commercial, technical and engineering
professionals across the UK and Europe.
Oil Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. www.oilrecruitment.co.uk