Job Reference Number:
Technical Support Engineer
Lubricants and Speciality Chemicals
Job Title: Technical Support Engineer
Location: Yorkshire - Office Based
Sector: Industrial Lubricants
This world leading manufacturer of speciality lubricants operating in industrial markets worldwide are looking to enhance their technical sales team with the appointment of a Technical Support Engineer. As they invest further in the UK this key appointment would provide an exciting opportunity to progress your career with a leading global brand.
Typically the successful applicant will have completed a mechanical/industrial/manufacturing engineering degree or apprenticeship and have some technical knowledge of industry lubricant applications. Ideally you will have at least 2-3 years industry experience from a process engineering environment and possess a high level of engineering comprehension / know how.
As part of the technical support team you will help provide on site and sometimes remote technical support to customers in the UK and Ireland.
- Provide on-site and remote support to UK/Ireland
- Conduct customer site lubrication studies and surveys
- Provide advice and recommendations to customers on lubricant and lubrication issues
- Deliver technical presentations as required
- Provide technically appropriate best practice advice, training and consulting to customers
- Document all OEM approvals gained and add to the database
- Relevant market observation and evaluation to stay current on industry needs
- Attend trade shows and seminars as applicable
- Facilitate technical presentations for customers
KEY SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES
- Relevant engineering degree or recognised engineering apprenticeship
- Minimum 2-5 year experience in an engineering process/manufacturing environment
- Technical knowledge of lubrication for industry
- A High level of engineering comprehension and previous technical support experience
- Highly organised with the ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Strong relationship building skills
- Enthusiastic and innovative approach to your work, willing to take initiative
- Commercial acumen
- Ability to understand processes, product formulation etc
- Confident communication, presentation, and networking skills
- A thirst for learning and career development
- Flexible approach to business travel
Attractive base salary commensurate with experience, excellent bonus potential, pension, life assurance, private medical, flexible holidays, world class training, and exceptional career progression opportunities.
For full details contact Keeley Robinson on 0044 (0)1565 626754 or apply directly with a copy of your cv to email@example.com
Oil Recruitment has been recruiting within the lubricants and additives sector since 1999. We work with major oil companies, lubricant, additives and chemical manufacturers and independent blenders. We specialise in the recruitment of R&D, manufacturing, formulation, sales and marketing, operations, commercial, technical and engineering professionals across the UK and Europe.
Oil Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. www.oilrecruitment.co.uk
Technical Support, Yorkshire, Lancashire, Leeds, Manchester, Lubricants, Formulation, Chemist, Mechanical Apprenticeship, Project Management, Tribology, Speciality Lubricants, Greases, Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical, Industrial, Industrial Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Manufacturing, Tribological Solutions, Solution Selling, Value Added Selling, Consultative, Lubrication, Technical, Commercial Acumen, Technical Services