Job Reference Number:
Area Sales Manager
We have an exciting opportunity for a motivated and proactive Field Sales Representative with entrepreneurial flair to join one of the world’s leading manufacturers of specialty lubricants as Area Sales Manager. This is a home based opportunity and though exact territories can be defined depending on the successful applicant’s location, loosely speaking you will take responsibility for the West Midlands region. Reporting to the MD for Sales & Marketing you will have a technical understanding of lubrication applications in engineering or related technologies and a genuine passion for sales, account management, and new business development.
This is an exceptional opportunity for someone who can demonstrate good commercial acumen to have genuine input into the future processes of a highly innovative organization. First class product training will be provided and ambitions satisfied for the right candidate. Typically you will be responsible for account management, sales and the identification of new business opportunities in a designated geographical territory.
B2B Sales, Account Management, and Business Development
- Identify and develop opportunities for new business with both existing and potential customers and markets using value selling principles and a consultative approach.
- With full technical support provide advice and recommendations to customers on lubricant and lubrication issues, based on analysis and technical advantages.
- Plan, design, co-ordinate and deliver presentations as required.
- Maximise cross selling opportunities.
- Market observation and evaluation to stay current on industry needs, requirements, and trends.
- Use of value selling methodology
- Gather, consolidate, and analyse information about competitive products and competitor activity.
- Actively promote and maximize brand awareness.
- Propose and implement strategic budget plans on an annual basis.
- Evaluate and make recommendations for resource planning and other essential processes and business drivers.
- Develop effective sales tools to position and sell all products.
- Facilitate technical presentations, seminars etc. for customers as required.
- Handle and resolve customer disputes and complaints effectively and efficiently.
- Attend workshops and international duties as agreed and deemed appropriate by management and report findings.
KEY SKILLS / ATTRIBUTES:
- Recognised degree or higher education qualification in engineering or similar technical subject.
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in B2B Technical/Solution Sales, Account Management, Business Development, or Business Management.
- Strong demonstrable value and consultative selling skills.
- Experience in the lubricants, greases, or oil industry, or alternatively a background in mechanical engineering , manufacturing, or chemical engineering would be an advantage.
- A motivated and driven personality who embraces change and is able to operate in a global innovative organisation which can genuinely satisfy ambition.
- A self starter / solutions finder with entrepreneurial flair who is willing to take the initiative.
- Assertive, persuasive, consultative approach.
- Experience of selling high end niche products into the industrial sector.
- A knowledge/appreciation of lubricant formulation and applications is a distinct advantage
- Highly effective time management, administrative and organisational skills.
- Hands on flexible approach to work and able to travel if required.
- Confident communicator at all levels who interacts well with colleagues and customers
Attractive base salary commensurate with experience, excellent bonus potential, life assurance, private healthcare, pension, flexible holidays, tools for the job, and exceptional career progression opportunities worldwide
Recruitment is working as an agent on behalf of a client for this
role. We have been working with some of the world's leading banks,
trading companies, major oil companies and utilities within the
energy trading arena since 1998. We work on roles in trading,
broking, risk, credit, quantitative analysis, consultancy, shipping,
chartering, operations and contract analysis across the upstream and
downstream energy markets in crude, oil products, gas, power and
carbon. All vacancies and information on our business are at
Sales, Business Development, Account Management, Technical Sales, B2B, Field Sales, West Midlands, South Wales, Stratford Upon Avon, Worcester, Birmingham, Coventry, Wolverhampton, Walsall, Leicester, Northampton, Lubricants, Specialty Lubricants, Greases, Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical, Industrial, Industrial Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Manufacturing, Tribological Solutions, Solution selling, Value Added Selling, Consultative, Lubrication, Technical