Job Reference Number:
Project Leader Driveline/Engine Oils
Lubricants and Speciality Chemicals
We have an exciting opportunity for someone with a background in Chemistry and experience in the field of automotive lubricant formulation and development, to take on a Project Lead role with a leading global Lubricant Developer and Manufacturer . As part of the Global Research & Technology Team you will report to the Global Technology Manager for Automotive Fluids, leading and supporting both regional and global projects developing automotive lubricants for OEM’s.
You will play a key role in the development of products for the Automotive Lubricants business in line with requirements for various OEM’s by working closely with a highly experienced team of engineers, technologists, lab technicians, and marketing professionals. This is an exciting opportunity for someone with a background in Chemistry who is looking for a long term career in automotive fluid formulation, product development and project management.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Project management – In conjunction with the R&T Team develop products for the automotive lubricants business
- Working closely with OEM’s, additive suppliers, and test laboratories
- Data analysis and reporting
- Planning and execution of product development support programmes
- Competitor product evaluations
- Document preparation for the release of new formulations to the supply chain
- Managing multiple tasks to ensure projects are delivered in a timely manner for stakeholders
- Liaising with stakeholders and other members of the research and technology team.
- Degree qualification in Chemistry , Chemical or Mechanical Engineering, or a very strong automotive background
- Some project lead experience/responsibility
- Fluent in English – an additional language is highly desirable
- Innovative approach to overcoming obstacles and problem solving
- Strong analytical skills
- Some experience in the area of driveline or engine fluid development or in the automotive industry in transmission development or testing
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and ensure timely delivery of projects
- Experience of delivering accurate data to stakeholders in a timely manner
- Team player motivated by delivering projects through others
- General knowledge of the general functionality of transmissions and driveline components
- Knowledge of mechanical testing methods for driveline fluids
- Knowledge of lubricant additive component / package technology
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, analytical skills and attention to detail
- Basic lubricants business awareness
- Comfortable working as both part of a team and off your own initiative with autonomy
- A hands on and flexible approach to work
- Previous experience of working in a matrix environment is a plus
- Previous experience of working with a leading global brand is a plus.
Attractive base salary commensurate with experience. Bonus, car, healthcare, and full relocation package if required. Excellent career progression opportunities and a generous holiday allowance.
Driveline fluid, Automotive Lubricants, Chemistry, Lubricants, OEM’s, Automotive, Product Development, Project Management, R&D, Research & Technology, Europe, Chemistry, Lubricant Formulation, Transmission Development, Testing, Lubricant Additives, Lubricants, R&T, ATF’s, MTF’s, Europe, PM, PMP, Driveline.
Oil Recruitment has been recruiting within the lubricants and additives sector since 1999. We work with major oil companies, lubricant, additives and chemical manufacturers and independent blenders. We specialise in the recruitment of R&D, manufacturing, formulation, sales and marketing, operations, commercial, technical and engineering professionals across the UK and Europe.
Oil Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. www.oilrecruitment.co.uk