Job Reference Number:
European Sales Manager
JOB TITLE: European Sales Manager
LOCATION: Any European base (with easy access to an airport)
SECTOR: High performance industrial lubricants and greases
We have a new and exciting opportunity for an experienced European Sales Manager to join a leading global manufacturer of high performance industrial lubricants, friction modifiers, lubrication equipment, lubrication management systems, and specialty greases. Products are developed and designed to meet the specific needs of industries in some of the most demanding environments.
Reporting into the Senior International Sales Manager you will have a proven track record in Sales, Business Development, and Account Management in the Industrial markets. You will have a good understanding of the industrial lubricants sector and ideally some experience of operating in heavy industry (chains, drag lines, bearings, gears, cranes etc), Industrial Engineering, or heavy duty (off road) vehicle markets. Rail sector or Heavy Duty Off Road Vehicle experience is highly desirable.
Operating from a European/UK home office base this role will involve an amount of international travel including exhibition and conference visits.
- Existing Account management
- Business development - establish and maintain key contacts with a focus on the Industrial / heavy industry sector.
- Budget, manage and coordinate sales, service, commercial, technical, and administrative functions within the assigned territory in order to achieve the sales and market share goals of the territory
- Find additional sales outlets through Distributors
KEY SKILLS / ATTRIBUTES
- Qualification/experience in mechanical, industrial or civil engineering
- A background in Industrial Lubricants or lubricant applications
- 5-10 years experience in a related industry in a sales, business development or account management role
- Experience of selling through Distributors
- Good communication, presentation and sales reporting skills, languages an advantage
- A motivated self starter who is comfortable working with a high level of autonomy
- A basic technical understanding of specialty lubricants and greases products for niche applications
- Commercially aware and with and understanding or value selling and creation of value propositions
- Fluent in English plus one other European language ideally German or Spanish
- Good problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to work to targets and handle pressure
- Flexible approach to work and business travel
- Physically fit
An attractive base salary commensurate with experience, home office, generous bonus scheme, pension, life assurance etc and excellent career progression opportunities on a global scale.
For full details contact Keeley Robinson via firstname.lastname@example.org or on 0044 (0) 1565 626754 or 0044 (0)7854 576318
specialty lubricants, Industrial lubricants, sales, sales manager, account manager, heavy industry, truck & bus, off road, lubricants, greases, commercial vehicle , specialty greases, key account management, account management, sales, business development, Distributors, Rail, Rail sector, rail, commercial, international sales, global, rail applicators, heavy industry, gears, chains, cranes, drag lines, bearings, civil engineering, engineering, mechanical engineering, lubrication, friction modifiers, budget management, Europe, German, Germany, Spanish, Spain, English
Oil Recruitment has been recruiting within the lubricants and additives sector since 1999. We work with major oil companies, lubricant, additives and chemical manufacturers and independent blenders. We specialise in the recruitment of R&D, manufacturing, formulation, sales and marketing, operations, commercial, technical and engineering professionals across the UK and Europe.
Oil Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. www.oilrecruitment.co.uk