Job Reference Number:
Area Sales Manager
Lubricants and Speciality Chemicals
We have an exciting opportunity for a motivated and proactive Field Sales Representative with a proven track record in business development, to join a long established and highly successful distributor of leading brand industrial lubricants as Sales & Business Development Manager. This is a home based opportunity and though exact territories can be defined depending on the successful applicant’s location, loosely speaking you will take responsibility for the Midlands region.
Reporting to the Industrial Sales Manager your primary focus will be on establishing and maintaining strong customer relationships whist developing new commercial opportunities with this premium brand within the focus sectors across your assigned territory. You will be a self-motivated Industrial Sales professional, with some technical knowledge of industrial lubricants and a demonstrable passion for sales, account management, and new business development.
This is an exceptional opportunity for someone who can demonstrate first class sales and business development techniques to play a key role in a highly reputable organization which is experiencing an impressive period of growth and expansion.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identify and develop opportunities for new business with both existing and potential customers and markets using value selling principles and a consultative approach
- You will understand the full brand value, technical advantages and sales programme propositions in a competitive market to meet individual and team sales targets
- Manage existing accounts whilst maximizing cross selling opportunities
- Market observation and evaluation to stay current on industry needs, requirements, and trends
- Fully understand SPIN selling techniques, the individual industrial market sector challenges and your value proposition
- Develop a comprehensive knowledge of the product strategy, technical advantages and marketing programmes
- With full technical support provide advice and recommendations to customers on industrial lubricant and lubrication issues, based on analysis and technical advantages
- Use of value selling methodology
- Gather, consolidate, and analyse information about competitive products and competitor activity
- Actively promote and maximize brand awareness
- Undertake regular account reviews of existing customers and employ pro-active methods to increase volume and in the case of falling sales, identify the cause and solutions.
KEY SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Circa 5-10 years experience in B2B Technical/Solution Sales, Account Management, or Business Development in the industrial markets
- Strong demonstrable value and consultative selling skills
- A good knowledge and experience of operating in the industrial sector (i.e. Gas Engines / Paper, cement, steel) beneficial
- Experience of working with a premium brand lubricant/relevant product in the industrial sector.
- Experience in the lubricants, greases, or oil industry, is highly desirable or alternatively a background in mechanical or industrial engineering, would be an advantage
- Able to understand commercial opportunities and have the ability to negotiate to close
- A motivated and driven personality, a pro active self starter with the appreciation of working with a premium brand product
- A solutions finder with entrepreneurial flair who is willing to take the initiative
- Confident communicator and presenter at all levels who interacts well with colleagues and customers
- Experience of selling high end niche products into the industrial sector
- A knowledge/appreciation of lubricant formulation and applications is a distinct advantage
- Highly effective time management, administrative and organisational skills
- Enthusiastic and embraces opportunities with positive “can-do” attitude
- A flexible approach to work and business travel
- Computer literacy is essential and a competent user of all Microsoft programmes.
Attractive base salary commensurate with experience, good bonus potential, pension, healthcare and additional benefits, flexible holidays, tools for the job, and good career progression and personal development opportunities.
Sales, Business Development, Account Management, Technical Sales, B2B, Field Sales, East Midlands, Midlands, West Midlands, South Wales, Stratford Upon Avon, Worcester, Birmingham, Coventry, Wolverhampton, Walsall, Leicester, Northampton, Industrial Lubricants, Industrial, Lubricants, Specialty Lubricants, Greases, Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical, Industrial, Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing, Solution selling, Value Added Selling, Consultative, Lubrication, Technical, Lubricant Applications, Cement, Pulp & Paper, Steel, Manufacturing.
Oil Recruitment has been recruiting within the lubricants and additives sector since 1999. We work with major oil companies, lubricant, additives and chemical manufacturers and independent blenders. We specialise in the recruitment of R&D, manufacturing, formulation, sales and marketing, operations, commercial, technical and engineering professionals across the UK and Europe.
Oil Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. www.oilrecruitment.co.uk