Job Reference Number:
Lubricants and Speciality Chemicals
We have an exciting opportunity for an ambitious Chemistry or Science Graduate with at least 2 years post grad industry experience in automotive lubricant formulation to join a leading global Oil / Lubricants company as R&T Development Chemist.
Ideally you will have a good understanding of the measurement, development and formulation of automotive lubricants, engine oils, or related products. Working as a key member of the R&T team which has a worldwide reputation for quality and innovation you will work closely with OEM’s and the Project Leader for Driveline Fluids and Engine Oil Development to help develop new products and formulations for specific sectors.
Typically you will have experience of evaluating new product development requirements, and product formulation. The role will involve regular interaction with suppliers, production, and senior management. You will be an ambitious and multi-faceted individual with excellent communication skills who enjoys being part of a team, and who has a genuine passion for innovation. Previous industry experience can be from a range of sectors such as oil & lubricant development/blending, engineering, or the automotive / engine markets.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identify formulations to improve performance and provide competitive advantage
- Supporting the R&T Team Leaders by providing technical support on specific projects
- Responsible for technical aspects of the product development process including setting up of test matrices, test development, test scheduling and the interpretation and reporting of data
- Provide hands on lubricant applications testing in order to support the development of high performance lubricants for the automotive and industrial market
- Arrange and support where necessary external testing of products
- Develop a fundamental understanding of technologies using new or existing components, base oils, etc
- Establish an in depth knowledge and understanding of industry test requirements, associated industry specifications , and product applications
- Assist in Project Management/Support as required
- Working in a team environment you will investigate the applicability of new and replacement raw materials in order to enhance performance and minimise cost
- Maintain a good understanding of OEM and industry requirements along with technical developments in the lubricants and lubricant additives arena
- Promote departmental improvements and support departmental initiatives
- Keep accurate, up to date lab records
- Maintain a high level of technical expertise and self-development through study, seminars, etc
- Have the necessary drive and focus to achieve business goals.
- Chemistry or Chemical Engineering degree
- Minimum 2 years laboratory, product formulation, new product development experience (oils, industrial lubricants, automotive lubricants, engine oils, driveline fluids, greases, etc)
- Good problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Good communication skills
- An innovative thinker with a flexible approach to work
- The drive and ambition to join and succeed with one of the leading global organisations for lubrication fluid development across all sectors.
Attractive base salary commensurate with experience plus benefits and a full relocation package if required. This is an exciting opportunity to join a leading name in the world of speciality lubricants which carries excellent career progression opportunities worldwide.
Speciality chemicals, speciality lubricants, automotive lubricants, driveline fluids, engine oils, industrial lubricants, Europe, Italy, development, R&T, R&D, greases, oils, industrial lubricants, formulation, development chemist, product development, chemist, formulation chemist, tribology, project management, technical, technology, niche products, product formulation, commercial, BSc, MSc, Engineering, chemistry, chemical engineering, chemicals, blending, OEM’s, Automotive.
Oil Recruitment has been recruiting within the lubricants and additives sector since 1999. We work with major oil companies, lubricant, additives and chemical manufacturers and independent blenders. We specialise in the recruitment of R&D, manufacturing, formulation, sales and marketing, operations, commercial, technical and engineering professionals across the UK and Europe.
Oil Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. www.oilrecruitment.co.uk