Job Reference Number:
Technical Support Engineer
Lubricants and Speciality Chemicals
Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire
We have a new and exciting opportunity for an experienced Technical Support/Sales Engineer to join a leading global manufacturer of high performance industrial lubricants, friction modifiers, lubrication equipment, lubrication management systems, and specialty greases. Products are developed and designed to meet the specific needs of industries in some of the most demanding environments.
Reporting into and working closely with the Senior International Sales Manager and Distributor networks you will have a good technical knowledge and hands on experience of industrial lubricants or greases with at least 2-5 years experience from a technical support / sales role in the industrial market. With a hands on approach you will have a good understanding of the industrial lubricants sector and it’s applications in general and ideally some experience of operating in heavy industry (chains, cranes, drag lines, bearings, gears, etc). Perhaps from an Industrial Engineering background with a knowledge of the lubrication required for the heavy duty (off road) vehicle market, rail sector, or heavy industrial applications.
Operating from a European home office base this role will involve an amount of international travel including exhibition and conference visits
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Providing technical support to Distributors on all industrial lubricant applications
- Working closely with European Sales Managers to handle any technical queries from Distributors and B2B Customers
- Advising Distributors and B2B customers on lubricant applications for industry
- Sales development - establish and maintain key contacts with a view to developing and maximising sales opportunities in the Industrial / heavy industry sector
- Coordinate sales, service, commercial, technical, and administrative functions within the assigned territory in order to achieve the sales and market share goals of the territory
- Identify additional sales outlets through Distributors or direct B2B accounts
- Promote and advise on the industrial product portfolio and look for cross selling opportunities.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Qualification in mechanical, industrial or civil engineering
- A background in Industrial Lubricants or lubricant applications
- 2-5 years experience in a related industry in a technical support, technical advisor, or sales, role
- Experience of working with Distributors
- Solid technical understanding of industrial lubricants and grease products for niche applications and heavy industry
- Good communication, presentation and sales skills, European language skills are an advantage (German or Spanish being highly desirable)
- A motivated self starter with a hands on approach who is comfortable working with a high level of autonomy
- Commercially aware and with and understanding or value selling and creation of value propositions
- Good problem solving and decision making skills, an ‘out of the box’thinker.
- Ability to work to targets and handle pressure
- Flexible approach to work and business travel
- Physically fit.
An attractive base salary commensurate with experience, home office, generous bonus scheme, pension, life assurance etc and excellent career progression opportunities on a global scale.
Oil Recruitment has been recruiting within the lubricants and additives sector since 1999. We work with major oil companies, lubricant, additives and chemical manufacturers and independent blenders. We specialise in the recruitment of R&D, manufacturing, formulation, sales and marketing, operations, commercial, technical and engineering professionals across the UK and Europe.
Oil Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. www.oilrecruitment.co.uk