Job Reference Number:
Sales/Business Development Manager
Chemicals / Lubricants
We have an exciting opportunity for a motivated and proactive Sales/Account Manager with entrepreneurial flair and exceptional relationship building skills to join a Global manufacturer and Distributor of specialty chemicals and additives to the fuels and lubricants markets. Working with a defined customer base you will manage assigned accounts and further develop sales opportunities in the UK and Europe whilst retaining and maximising existing business. Located in the South East, some European travel will be required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop, negotiate and close sales contracts and agreements, as well as supporting growth initiatives for the business and the introduction of new products.
- Account Management and solution sales.
- Identify and develop opportunities for new business with both existing and potential customers and markets
- Execution of business strategy for selected market segments and target accounts.
- Further growth and management of existing accounts whilst further identifying sales opportunities of products and services.
- Support the introduction of new products.
- Establish strong relationships with customers to understand their business priorities and needs.
- Maintain a good understanding of the industry, markets and competitor activity.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Recognised degree or higher education qualification
- Minimum 5 years B2B sales, account management, and business development experience
- Commercial experience in the specialty chemicals / lubricants / oil products markets
- Previous European Sales experience would be a distinct advantage
- Exceptional relationship building skills at all levels , a genuine “people person”
- The aptitude to understand technicalities, specifications, and applications
- Strong demonstrable value and consultative selling skills
- A self starter / solutions finder with entrepreneurial flair who is willing to take the initiative.
- A knowledge/appreciation of lubricant formulation and applications is a distinct advantage
- Highly effective time management, administrative and organisational skills.
- Hands on flexible approach to work and able to travel if required.
- Effective communication, negotiation, and presentation skills
- Cultural awareness
REMUNERATIONAttractive base salary commensurate with experience, excellent bonus potential, life assurance, private healthcare, pension, flexible holidays, tools for the job, and good career progression opportunities.For full details contact Keeley Robinson at Oil Recruitment on 0044(1)565 626754 or 0044(0)7854 576318 or apply direct to email@example.com
Oil Recruitment has been recruiting within the lubricants and additives sector since 1999. We work with major oil companies, lubricant, additives and chemical manufacturers and independent blenders. We specialise in the recruitment of R&D, manufacturing, formulation, sales and marketing, operations, commercial, technical and engineering professionals across the UK and Europe.
Oil Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. www.oilrecruitment.co.uk