Job Reference Number:
Product Manager - Fuels
We have an excellent career opportunity for someone from a strong chemistry / chemicals background with product management experience in the fuels sector to join a leading global organisation in the speciality chemicals world. You will manage a portfolio of fuels related products working closely with customers (internal and external) and OEM’s to provide product guidance, optimise the product offering, and maximise market opportunities.
From a chemistry or chemical related engineering background you will be something of a technical expert and be involved with the creation and execution of product strategies, market analysis, and assessment of applications for customer requirements in specific markets. Previous product line management and product development knowledge relating to fuels is key.
This is a UK Midlands based opportunity with relocation support available if required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage the portfolio of Fuels products to ensure profitability
- Management and development of Customer relationships
- Through innovation and optimisation of the product portfolio ensure there is adequate product offering to meet business strategies
- Analysis of both customer & business needs to provide both leadership and guidance on products
- Conversion of market changes into new product development
- Develop, maintain and implement realistic product line strategy
- Build and maintain relationships with internal teams for cross business working in addition to external groups/bodies and customers
- Work closely with customers by applying market knowledge to identify ways they can differentiate and grow their business
- Assist in the development of business plans
- Analysis of market trends and involvement in the development of product promotional material
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Experience of product line management in the fuels sector / performance chemicals or related discipline
- Degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering
- 5-10 years experience in product development, management of, or marketing of, fuels products
- Some sales and project management experience would be an advantage
- Customer facing experience in a technical capacity
- An understanding of formulation and new product development activities
- Some knowledge of the European Fuels sector, customers and competitors
- An understanding of product marketing skills including product positioning, pricing, and promotion
- Strong relationship building skills both internally and externally
- Effective communication, negotiation, and presentation skills
- Willingness to travel to fulfill responsibilities
- Effective planning skills to develop and manage execution of a product portfolio
The Role comes with an attractive base salary commensurate with experience, plus full benefits and relocation support if required. This is in addition to the excellent career progression opportunities you would expect from a leading global organisation.
For full details contact Keeley Robinson on 0044 (0) 1565 626754 / 0044 (0) 7854 576318 or via Keeley@oilrecruitment.co.uk
Oil Recruitment has
been recruiting within the lubricants and additives sector since
1999. We work with major oil companies, lubricant, additives
and chemical manufacturers and independent blenders. We specialise in
the recruitment of R&D, manufacturing, formulation, sales and
marketing, operations, commercial, technical and engineering
professionals across the UK and Europe.
Oil Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. www.oilrecruitment.co.uk