Job Reference Number:
Regional Category Manager - Packaging
Lubricants & Speciality Chemicals
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Category Manager from the Packaging industry to join a leading Global Oil and Lubricant Development Company as Regional Category Manager – Packaging. Operating from a local office with European travel and reporting into the Head of Global Packaging. It is essential that you have a minimum of 5 years experience in a comparable role from the packaging sector at regional level with multi million pound budget responsibility and SKU complexity.
Typically you will be accountable for developing, implementing and managing the European sourcing & packaging category and day to day management of the regional packaging suppliers to optimize leverage in terms of costs, innovation, and quality of service. You will lead cross functional sourcing projects to support both the regional and global packaging strategies. You will have two direct reports to start and the role comes with a clear career progression path to global level.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Full packaging project lifecycle management within the European region.
- Optimise leverage for cost reduction, innovation, and service levels.
- Support global packaging harmonization by working closely with key marketing stakeholders .
- Play a key role in the development of sourcing strategies and the alignment of the supply base.
- Negotiate supply contracts and pricing reviews.
- Develop and execute contracts.
- Develop and manage key relationships with strategic suppliers, developing partnering solutions where beneficial.
- Application of strategic sourcing and supplier management processes and procedures within the packaging market sector.
- Monitor and ensure continuous improvement of supplier performance and ensure effective communication of critical business metrics.
- Work within a cross functional regional and global network to determine and develop packaging project ideas and provide business case evaluation.
- Become the expert resource and project leader in regional & global packaging projects.
- Support all regional plants and the Global Packaging Manager with any quality issues and/or supply constraints.
- Actively work towards developing a cost reduction project portfolio
- Provide price forecasts for key raw materials.
- Lead procurement change processes within the Regional Packaging Category.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Relevant degree qualification (Business or Procurement related)
- Am in-depth understanding/practical experience of packaging within a manufacturing/plant environment
- Demonstrable understanding of packaging technologies, suppliers and raw materials gained from within a sizeable FMCG or Oil company.
- The ability to manage sourcing and procurement projects across multiple functions and business units
- The ability to develop sourcing strategies
- Strong negotiation skills
- In depth understanding of the packaging sector at senior level
- Minimum 5+ years experience in a comparable role from which you have delivered commercial and pragmatic sourcing strategies
- Demonstrable team leadership and coaching skills
- Play an active role in the ongoing development of the global packaging organisation
- Track record of success in identifying cost reduction opportunities in this category
- Excellent interpersonal, business acumen, communication, organisational and presentation skills
- Ability to work off your own initiative
- Excellent written, verbal communication and project management skills
- High proficiency in MS Office applications and affinity with SAP
- Willing to travel (about 25% of time)
Very attractive base salary commensurate with experience, bonus, car, pension, healthcare, etc
Excellent career progression opportunities with a leading international organisation.
Relocation support can be provided if required.
For full details contact Keeley Robinson on 0044 (0) 1565 626754 / 0044 (0) 7854 576318 or via Keeley@oilrecruitment.co.uk
Oil Recruitment has
been recruiting within the lubricants and additives sector since
1999. We work with major oil companies, lubricant, additives
and chemical manufacturers and independent blenders. We specialise in
the recruitment of R&D, manufacturing, formulation, sales and
marketing, operations, commercial, technical and engineering
professionals across the UK and Europe.
Oil Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. www.oilrecruitment.co.uk