Job Reference Number:
Business Development Manager - Industrial Lubricants
Lubes & Chemicals
To develop and implement a market entry strategy to access the land based Environmentally Acceptable Lubricant (EAL) market.
[Analysis of the key markets for EAL lubricants both by application and by geography have already been undertaken using professional external market research].
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
SCOPE OF ROLE
The role can be home or office based and is international with significant time away from home including overnight stays for up to 2 weeks at a time. The post reports to the Managing Director and has no direct reports.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
Determine a prioritised market entry plan to access land based EAL markets
- Identify new customers and decision makers through networking visits and develop long- term techno-commercial relationships
- Gain a detailed understanding of the market and competitors; use this to identify and develop persuasive selling propositions.
- Develop appropriate routes to market and manage territory priorities.
- Establish a pipeline of sales opportunities to achieve targets and identify new product development opportunities for communication to R&D.
- Close new business deals by coordinating requirements; creating and developing compelling proposals, negotiating contracts and securing sales.
- Participate in industry marketing events (eg. conferences, trade shows) and develop sales/marketing material specific to land based market sectors.
- Prepare and perform technical presentations in order to map products to customers’ values and needs.
- KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
Proven track record of delivery. Results focussed, uses initiative and takes ownership.
- Strategic thinker with a positive “can do” attitude.
- Good business acumen with a deep understanding of business development principles.
- Highly self-motivated and able to build relationships both internally and externally with customers.
- Capable of delivering product & application support.
- Excellent team player. Structured, disciplined & able to cope with pressure.
- Excellent communicator with good presentation, influencing and negotiation skills.
- Strong cross cultural and interpersonal skills.
Graduate level qualification ideally in a science discipline.
Oil Recruitment has been recruiting within the lubricants and additives sector since 1999. We work with major oil companies, lubricant, additives and chemical manufacturers and independent blenders. We specialise in the recruitment of R&D, manufacturing, formulation, sales and marketing, operations, commercial, technical and engineering professionals across the UK and Europe.
Oil Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. www.oilrecruitment.co.uk