Job Reference Number:
B2B Marketing Communications Manager
Lubes & Chemicals
We have an exciting opportunity for a Marketing Communications Specialist to join a leading developer and supplier of high performance lubricants to the global industrial and marine markets. Based in the North West / Yorkshire region you will join a small marketing team to provide marketing expertise on website management, PR campaigns, for International exhibitions, and in building strong relationships with trade press. This role will be perfect for someone with at least 3 years B2B marketing communications experience in the industrial sector who is looking to gain more commercial experience in marketing and business management.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
Manage and develop the website content to optimize on-line communication platforms.
- Explore and deliver new communication channels, drive E-marketing plans.
- Work closely with Sales, Customers, OEM’s, Industry Associations and Regulatory Agencies to determine customer needs and expectations.
- Manage the creation and execution of the marketing communications plan and promotional media/designs, in conjunction with the Sales & Marketing Director.
- Work in consultation with the R&D team, Sales, and the wider business to assist in the development and presentation of new product and market opportunities
- Acquire relevant market, competitive and trend data, including targeted market research activities with external organisations as required.
- Develop and manage relationships with external PR/media contacts to ensure effective publicity and PR campaigns.
- Support the planning, preparation, execution and review of global trade exhibitions ensuring promotional focus and branding meets the agreed strategic marketing objectives.
- Attend relevant industry conferences as required to maintain a knowledge base, acquire customer/competitors information and general market feedback.
- Develop product line analysis and make recommendations for modifications to the product portfolio to meet marketing and profitability targets.
- Support the sales team with the preparation of business propositions, product differentiation strategies, training material and market trend updates as required
- Work in cross-functional teams to monitor and develop tactics to achieve marketing and profitability targets.
- KEY SKILLS / ATTRIBUTES
Degree qualification in Marketing, Business or relevant field.
- At least 2 - 3 years B2B Marketing experience (from a manufacturing, industrial or perhaps FMCG environment is advantageous)
- Good planning and organisational skills, ideally demonstrated through previous project management experience. Able to undertake multiple tasks with good attention to detail.
- A good knowledge of media marketing, communications strategies and exhibition management.
- Formal marketing qualification.
- A good knowledge of E-media (website) based developments and ability to navigate and perform basic editing of on-line systems.
- Desire to learn and grow within a global business environment.
- Proven success in a B2B Digital Marketing role.
- Good commercial acumen and strategic marketing capabilities
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
- Able to travel as required
- A driven personality with strong relationship building skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to work as part of a wider team.
Attractive base salary, full and comprehensive benefits package, relocation assistance if required, and excellent career progression opportunities.
For full details contact Keeley Robinson on +44 1565 626754 and apply by forwarding a copy of your cv to email@example.com
Oil Recruitment has been recruiting within the lubricants and additives sector since 1999. We work with major oil companies, lubricant, additives and chemical manufacturers and independent blenders. We specialise in the recruitment of R&D, manufacturing, formulation, sales and marketing, operations, commercial, technical and engineering professionals across the UK and Europe.
Oil Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. www.oilrecruitment.co.uk