Job Reference Number:
Industrial Lubrication Engineer - Technical Support
Home Based (Birmingham to South Coast)
This leading integrated fuel and lubricant distributor operating in key industrial markets throughout the UK are looking to enhance their technical team with the appointment of an Industrial Lubrication Engineer. This is a fast growing business with a visible market brand and strong identity which differentiates itself by brand, service level and engineering capability.
Typically the successful applicant will have completed a mechanical/industrial/manufacturing HND or degree and have a solid technical knowledge of the applications of industrial lubricants in a practical setting.
This role will support the Industrial and Commercial Vehicle business development teams to achieve their volume growth with technical support and customer relationship development. The role will be field based covering a territory from South Birmingham down to the South Coast.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Promote lubricant solutions into a competitive market and wide ranging customer base
- Promoting technical advantages and marketing programmes by establishing strong relationships with key personnel
- Undertake site lubrication studies and surveys
- Perform cost-benefit and needs analysis of existing/potential customers
- Develop and take ownership of technical and training initiatives
- Understand the value of CRM system and business communications
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Relevant engineering qualification
- Experienced in an Industrial Lubricant technical role ideally within an manufacturing or engineering environment
- Technical knowledge of lubrication for industrial application
- Ability to build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Confident in delivering training in technical sales solutions
- Able to use own initiative and lead by example
- Working to performance targets
- Identification of product solutions
- Commercial acumen
- Appreciative of the importance of compliance systems
- Understand the requirements for business travel
Attractive base salary commensurate with experience, excellent bonus potential, pension, life assurance, private medical, world class training, flexible holidays and exceptional career progression opportunities.
Technical Support, Oxford, Coventry, Swindon, Reading, South West, Birmingham, Cambridge Lubricants, Formulation, Chemist, Mechanical Apprenticeship, Project Management, Tribology, West Midlands, Leicestershire, Warwickshire, Worcestershire, Herefordshire, Northamptonshire, Oxfordshire, Gloucestershire, Wiltshire, Hampshire, West Berkshire, Surrey, Speciality Lubricants, Industrial Lubricants, Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical, Industrial, Industrial Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Manufacturing, Tribological Solutions, Solution Selling, Value Added Selling, Consultative, Lubrication, Technical, Commercial Acumen, Technical Services
Oil Recruitment has been recruiting within the lubricants and additives sector since 1999. We work with major oil companies, lubricant, additives and chemical manufacturers and independent blenders. We specialise in the recruitment of R&D, manufacturing, formulation, sales and marketing, operations, commercial, technical and engineering professionals across the UK and Europe.
Oil Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. www.oilrecruitment.co.uk