Job Reference Number:
This leading established innovative company with a global reach and with a focus on the development and manufacture of specialist lubricant and chemical products is looking to enhance their technical team with the appointment of an Application Engineer, a technical support role working with the Technical department and reporting to the Engineering Manager.
Joining an established team the successful applicant will provide a professional and efficient technical service to commercial divisions. Typically the successful applicant will have completed an associated Apprenticeship/ HNC/ Degree programme in Mechanical, Chemical Engineering or a related discipline. Ideally with some insight into the lubricants market and a strong technical knowledge.
As part of the team you will be based in the office 70% of the time with some field support required both within the UK and overseas. Strong communication skills are essential for this role.
- Provide effective technical support to customers and company personnel. This will include end user customers, distributors and sister companies
- Provide pre and post sales technical assistance on product selection and use
- Field testing new and existing products
- Integral part of the New Product Development Process (NPD)
- Applying knowledge across all relevant lubricants sectors including industrial and food
- Monitor activity of key competitors and identify new product opportunities
- Carry out training for customers, distributors and new starters within the organisation
- Resolve in field technical issues alone or in conjunction with sales engineers
- Submit reports on any field work carried out
- Work with Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) on new projects and opportunities
- Create and update technical information such as data sheets and technical bulletins
- Work with field based sales people to increase application knowledge
- Part of a team answering technical enquiries by phone and e-mail
- Develop long-term relationships with customers, through managing and interpreting their requirements
- Support marketing activities by attending trade shows, conferences and other events
- Establish and maintain technical contact with key establishments including engineering research associations
- Company property and confidential data should be secure at all times
KEY SKILLS / ATTRIBUTES
- Relevant recognised apprenticeship, HNC or Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering or related field
- Knowledge of the lubricants market sector advantageous although applicants from a engineering background with a knowledge of lubricants would also be considered
- Technical knowledge and mind-set
- Strong IT and communication skills
- Full UK Driving License
- Commercial acumen
- Flexible approach to business travel
Attractive base salary commensurate with experience, excellent bonus potential, pension, car, laptop, onsite gym
For full details contact Emma Bloomfield 01565 626 754 or apply directly with a copy of your CV to email@example.com
Oil Recruitment has been recruiting within the lubricants and additives sector since 1999. We work with major oil companies, lubricant, additives and chemical manufacturers and independent blenders. We specialise in the recruitment of R&D, manufacturing, formulation, sales and marketing, operations, commercial, technical and engineering professionals across the UK and Europe.
Keywords: Technical Support, Yorkshire, Lancashire, Leeds, Manchester, Lubricants, Specialty Lubricants, Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical, Industrial, Industrial Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Manufacturing, Tribological Solutions, Solution Selling, Value Added Selling, Consultative, Lubrication, Technical