Job Reference Number:
Key Account Manager
Speciality Chemicals - Industrial Product Market
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Key Account Manager with strong account management, sales development and relationship building skills to join a leading global specialty chemical manufacturer. Based in Germany and operating form a home office located within easy access to an airport and major road links you will be responsible for the development and management of a defined customer base in the lubricants market.
Reporting into the head of sales for EMEA you will be the primary contact for all products and services with a view to maintaining strong business relationships with your nominated accounts whilst creating further demand and raising the profile of the product offering. Typically you will have experience of working in the chemical additives or lubricants sectors or at least a very good knowledge of these markets in Europe.
Maintain and manage professional, long term relationships with key accounts by offering technical support, advice, and guidance on products
Identify new growth opportunities within your nominated key accounts and in the wider industrial lubricants market in general
- Conduct regular strategy meetings with customers to fully understand their needs
- Develop, implement, and manage account strategies in line with the overall business strategies
- Overall multi million Euro account responsibility
KEY SKILLS / ATTRIBUTES
European B2B Sales and Key Account Management / commercial experience
- Some lubricants related experience is essential
- Knowledge of the specialty chemicals / additives industries in the industrial products market in Europe Good general knowledge of the European Lubricants market Good negotiation and long term relationship building skills
- Capable of managing multi million Euro sales
- Ability to identify and develop new business opportunities
- A proven understanding of business, financials, and key account needs Degree qualification
- Any knowledge of, or experience relating to performance products in the industrial market is very highly desirable
- Able to operate at a senior professional level with a high degree of autonomy
- Good time management and planning skills
- Excellent communication skills, fluent in both German and English languages
- Flexible approach to business travel
Very attractive base salary commensurate with experience, plus full benefits package including bonus, private healthcare, car allowance etc .
Chemicals, Chemical Manufacturing, Key Accounts, Key Account Management, KAM, Speciality Chemicals, Chemical Additives, Industrial, Industrial Performance Products, Lubricants, Fuel, Oil, B2B, B2B Sales, Business Development, Account Management, Industrial Market, Industrial Sector, Petroleum Additives, Germany, Cologne, Dortmund, Frankfurt, Bonn, Hanover, Essen, Dusseldorf
Oil Recruitment has been recruiting within the lubricants and additives sector since 1999. We work with major oil companies, lubricant, additives and chemical manufacturers and independent blenders. We specialise in the recruitment of R&D, manufacturing, formulation, sales and marketing, operations, commercial, technical and engineering professionals across the UK and Europe.
Oil Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. www.oilrecruitment.co.uk