Job Reference Number:
Sales / Account Manager
Industrial Lubricants & Metalworking
We have an exciting opportunity for a motivated and proactive Sales / Account Manager with a proven track record in selling lubrication products to the industrial market to join a long established and highly successful distributor of premium brand industrial lubricant products as North West Sales / Account Manager. This is a home based opportunity which requires a technical, value added sales approach so knowledge of the industrial and / or metalworking (lubricants) industry is essential.
Reporting to the Sales Director your primary focus will be managing and further developing existing accounts in your region whilst identifying new business opportunities within the focus sectors. Typically you will be a self-motivated Sales and Account Management professional, with some technical knowledge of industrial lubricants and metalworking fluids and a demonstrable passion for sales, account management, and relationship building.
This is an exceptional opportunity for someone who enjoys autonomy and can demonstrate first class sales and business development techniques to play a key role in a highly reputable organization which consistently experiences year on year growth.
- Manage existing accounts whilst maximizing cross selling opportunities.
- Identify and develop opportunities for new business with both existing and potential customers and markets using value selling principles and a consultative approach.
- You will understand the premium brand value and technical advantages to maximise sales
- Continued market observation and evaluation to stay current on industry needs, requirements, and trends.
- Develop a good understanding of the industrial market sector challenges and opportunities for your value proposition.
- With technical support where required provide advice and recommendations to customers on industrial lubricants and lubrication issues.
- Actively promote and maximize brand awareness.
- Undertake regular account reviews of existing customers and employ pro-active methods to increase volume and in the case of falling sales, identify the cause and solutions.
KEY SKILLS / ATTRIBUTES
- Experience in B2B Technical/Solution Sales, Account Management, or Business Development in the industrial markets.
- Strong demonstrable value added and solutions sales skills.
- A very good understanding of metalworking fluids and their applications.
- A good knowledge and experience of operating in the industrial sector (manufacturing, engineering , etc)
- Sales experience in the lubricants, greases, metalworking industry, or alternatively a background in mechanical or industrial engineering.
- A motivated and driven personality, a pro active self starter, with the appreciation of working with a premium brand product in the industrial sector.
- A solutions finder with entrepreneurial flair who is willing to take the initiative.
- Excellent relationship builder.
- Confident communicator and presenter at all levels who interacts well with colleagues and customers.
- Highly effective time management, administrative and organisational skills to work autonomously are essential.
- Enthusiastic and embraces opportunities with positive "can-do" attitude
- A flexible approach to work and business travel.
- Computer literacy is essential and a competent user of all Microsoft programmes.
Attractive base salary commensurate with experience, good bonus potential, pension, healthcare and additional benefits, flexible holidays, tools for the job, and good career progression and personal development opportunities.
Oil Recruitment has been recruiting within the lubricants and additives sector since 1999. We work with major oil companies, lubricant, additives and chemical manufacturers and independent blenders. We specialise in the recruitment of R&D, manufacturing, formulation, sales and marketing, operations, commercial, technical and engineering professionals across the UK and Europe.
Oil Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. www.oilrecruitment.co.uk
Sales, Business Development, Account Management, Technical Sales, B2B, Field Sales, North West, Manchester, Liverpool, Lancashire, Cheshire, Staffordshire, Greater Manchester, Metalworking, Metalworking Fluids, MWF, Merseyside, Industrial Lubricants, Industrial, Lubricants, Specialty Lubricants, Greases, Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical, Industrial, Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing, Solution selling, Value Added Selling, Consultative, Lubrication, Technical, Lubricant Applications, Manufacturing, Engineering, New Business Development