Job Reference Number:
Technical Product Manager
Our client, a long established and highly successful distributor and trader Speciality Chemical and Lubricant products are looking to appoint a Technical Product Manager for their business in the South of the UK. This is an exciting opportunity for someone with a background in Chemistry to move into a Senior level position offering a very clear career progression path. This appointment will help support the business activities and ambitions for growth.
The role will ideally suit an individual with previous laboratory experience, analytical, development, or technical service, who is looking to broaden their career with a role offering extensive customer contact Europe wide. This is definitely an opportunity to be that bigger fish in a smaller organization and to work independently.
Build and maintain an in depth knowledge of the chemistry an application of the product range
- Provide technical service to both UK and European customers on both current and new product lines
- Manage the new product development projects
- Support and promote the introduction of new products working closely with sales and marketing
- Establish strong relationships with suppliers for regular interaction relating to the assessment and approval of new products
- understanding of the industry, markets and competitor activity Maintain technical documentation such as data sheets, safety information, product specs etc
KEY SKILLS / ATTRIBUTES
Chemistry degree qualification
- Fluent English speaker, any additional languages are a plus
- Flexible approach to business travel
- Exceptional communication skills
- Experience of liaising with suppliers
- Strong technical background from the chemicals/additives world
- A ‘People Person’
- Commitment to learning and keen to progress
- Comfortable working autonomously and as part of a team with cross business activities
Attractive base salary commensurate with experience, bonus potential, pension, flexible holidays, car, tools for the job etc
Oil Recruitment has been recruiting within the lubricants and additives sector since 1999. We work with major oil companies, lubricant, additives and chemical manufacturers and independent blenders. We specialise in the recruitment of R&D, manufacturing, formulation, sales and marketing, operations, commercial, technical and engineering professionals across the UK and Europe.
Oil Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. www.oilrecruitment.co.uk