Job Reference Number:
Product Development Formulator
Lubricants & Speciality Chemicals
Due to continued business growth globally we have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Lubricant Development Technologist / Formulator to join a leading Global Manufacturer and Supplier of premium brand lubricants. As Product Development Engineer/Formulator you will be joining our client’s Global Research & Technology Team reporting to the Head of Engine Oil Development based in the Netherlands. This is an office based role with occasional travel as required and relocation support will be provided for the right candidate.
Working closely with a highly experienced team of engineers, formulators, technical support, and marketing professionals, this is an exceptional opportunity to join a truly innovative international team at the forefront of technologies.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Development of additive formulations for automotive engine oils
- Develop and enhance the technical performance of Engine Oil Lubricants in line with OEM requirements.
- Design, supervise and evaluate experiments in laboratory and field testing.
- Set up and share studies on how chemical and physical characteristics of lubricant additives and base oils impact engine performance and use these findings in the development of new products.
- Work closely with industry professionals to develop test methods.
- Provide technical support to internal and external parties to optimise the engine lubrication system.
- Data analysis and reporting.
- Project management.
- Assist in the training and development of others.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Relevant degree qualification in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering, Chemistry, Tribology
- Demonstrable experience in lubricants / lubricant additives is essential
- Project Management experience in the development of engine oils (project management qualification desirable
- An understanding of internal combustion engines and operation principles is desirable
- Experience of working for an International organisation with cross functional teams is an advantage
- Fluent in English – Dutch, German or French would be a plus
- Culturally aware
- A motivated and enthusiastic personality with a flexible approach to work
- A genuine team player
- Good knowledge of mechanical or chemical analytical testing methods for Engine lubricants
- Knowledge of lubricant component / package technology
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, analytical skills and attention to detail
Very attractive base salary commensurate with experience, bonus, travel to work allowance, pension, etc and relocation support if required. Excellent career progression opportunities and a generous holiday allowance.
Lubricants, lubricant formulation, OEM, Project Management, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Engine oils, Engine oil, Formulation, Formulator, Technologist, Lubricant additives, Additive packages, Project Management, Product Development, Development Engineer, Automotive Lubricants, Netherlands, Europe, Chemical Additives
Oil Recruitment has been recruiting within the lubricants and additives sector since 1999. We work with major oil companies, lubricant, additives and chemical manufacturers and independent blenders. We specialise in the recruitment of R&D, manufacturing, formulation, sales and marketing, operations, commercial, technical and engineering professionals across the UK and Europe.
Oil Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. www.oilrecruitment.co.uk