Job Reference Number:
General Sales Manager
This award winning specialist blender of advanced lubricant solutions is looking for a Sales Manager to develop sustainable sales growth and profitability across key lubricant markets in Scotland, building on an existing client base and engaging and developing new business strategies. The strong brand name and reputation of the company offers the basis for an exciting and challenging role that offers enormous career scope and the platform for career enhancement.
The successful applicant will have proven sales ability and be ready to embrace a new challenge with the strong backing of a supportive quality brand combined with the self belief that they possess the skills to develop and implement their strategic vision and be seen as a specialist and technology partner of choice.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Strategic planning - Develop and implement strategies to achieve the sales growth in each platform. Use internal and external data to help direct the company’s activities in line with the strategic plan
- Profitable sales growth - Demonstrate profitable sales growth in each business platform with the external sales team
- Business planning - Set achievable goals and targets with the team and measure key activities that will help achieve these goals
- Product range development - Strategic development of the product ranges, working closely with Marketing & Technical teams
- Team development – guide, coach and support the team and colleagues to achieve the business targets. Develop a positive team approach in the market place.
- Strive for improved technical competency levels within the team along with sound commercial awareness skills to complement the strategic position and direction of the business
- This role is wide and varied and in addition to the main tasks, the individual will be called upon to take part in many additional activities across the business
KEY SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Experience across all platforms within the lubricants sector is essential
- Skilled in working in a business developing, manufacturing and marketing premium products through B2B sales channels in similar markets
- Adept general sales manager with exceptional skills in motivating and team development
- Working as a strong team player
- Computer literate including experience of sales software
- Highly numerate
- High level of written and oral comprehension
- Confident at building relationships with internal and external stakeholder
Attractive base salary commensurate with experience, good bonus potential, pension, healthcare and additional benefits, enhanced holiday, tools for the job, and good career progression and personal development opportunities.
For full details contact Emma Bloomfield on 0044 (0)1565 626754 or apply directly with a copy of your cv to email@example.com
Sales, Business Development, General Sales Manager, Account Management, Technical Sales, B2B, Field Sales, Scotland, Perth, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Stirling, Falkirk, East Kilbride, Automotive Lubricants, Industrial, Lubricants, Speciality Lubricants, Greases, Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical, Industrial, Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing, Solution selling, Value Added Selling, Consultative, Lubrication, Technical, Lubricant Applications
Oil Recruitment has been recruiting within the lubricants and additives sector since 1999. We work with major oil companies, lubricant, additives and chemical manufacturers and independent blenders. We specialise in the recruitment of R&D, manufacturing, formulation, sales and marketing, operations, commercial, technical and engineering professionals across the UK and Europe.
Oil Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. www.oilrecruitment.co.uk