Job Reference Number:
Key Account Manager
Lubricants & Speciality Chemicals
We have a new and exciting opportunity for an experienced Key Account Manager to join a leading Global producer of chemical additives for the fuel and lubricants markets. You will play a key role in managing multi million pound key accounts whilst identifying and developing through these accounts, and across your territory, new business growth opportunities. With a strong technical background in chemistry or chemical engineering, you will have a proven track record of managing at least one major account and have a clear and full understanding of the Lubricants and Fuels Market. This is a home based role for which willingness and flexibility to travel internationally is essential.
Reporting into the Global Sales Director you will be familiar with working in a matrix organisation and have experience from a global speciality chemical company, oil major, or similar.
- Achieve annual sales results and define opportunities for business growth through your assigned accounts according to the annual business plan
- Maintain and manage professional, long term relationships with key accounts by offering technical support, advice, and guidance on product
- Establish and build senior-level relationships with key decision makers and buyers
- Understand and assess customers’ needs, business objectives, strategies and build customer value propositions representing a portfolio of products
- Contract negotiation and pricing agreements.
- Work closely with R&D and other commercial groups to identify and meet the needs of international customers.
- Be the main point of contact for communications with the customer on new product developments
- Sales forecasting, reporting, and market analysis.
- Deliver the Strategy for the Lubricants & Fuels Business in EMEIA
KEY SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES
- Relevant Technical Degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, etc
- Multi million £ key account management experience is essential
- Sales and business development experience in the Lubricant or Fuels sector, managing and further developing accounts in your territory
- Global matrix organization experience
- Technical understanding of lubricant and petroleum additives
- Experience of working closely with R&D and cross business commercial teams
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills at all levels
- Good business acumen and financial understanding
- Strong negotiation skills
- Product and application knowledge
- Strategic thinker, self motivated results driven personality
- Fluent German speaker with good English language skills
An attractive base salary commensurate with experience, home office, bonus scheme, car, and full benefits package plus excellent global career progression opportunities.
For further details and to discuss this opportunity contact Keeley Robinson on 0044 (0)7854 576318 or 0044 (0) 1565 626754. Alternatively apply direct with a copy of your cv via email@example.com .
Speciality chemicals, specialty chemicals, key account management, sales, business development, fuels, lubricants, chemistry, chemist, technical, chemical engineering, science, UK, Europe, European, Global, matrix organisations, R&D, Germany, German, Hamburg, Fuel Additives, KAM, additive packages, lubricant additives
Oil Recruitment has been recruiting within the lubricants and additives sector since 1999. We work with major oil companies, lubricant, additives and chemical manufacturers and independent blenders. We specialise in the recruitment of R&D, manufacturing, formulation, sales and marketing, operations, commercial, technical and engineering professionals across the UK and Europe.
Oil Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. www.oilrecruitment.co.uk