Job Reference Number:
Business Manager - Fuels
Lubricants and Speciality Chemicals
Our client, a global developer and manufacturer of fuel and lubricant additives are looking to appoint an experienced Business Manager for their North Africa business. You will operate from a home office suitably located to manage business in the North Africa region and will report into the EMEAI Sales Manager for fuels. This is an exciting opportunity for someone with a good knowledge of the African market and previous sales/business management experience out there. You will be taking on a lead role and potentially could be tasked with building your own team for the region longer term.
It is essential that the successful applicant speaks French and English to a high standard.
To support and maintain fuel/fuel additive sales in North Africa. Focus Countries include but are not limited to, Ivory Coast, Chad, Nigeria, Cameroon, Mauritania, Sudan and as far East as Kenya. You will be supporting sales, business growth, and promotion of fuel additive solutions to refineries and oil marketing companies in the region. The role will be a split of customer visits (hunting and farming) supporting sales marketing and regulatory activities, and management of accounts.
- To grow the sale of fuel additives with assigned accounts while nurturing existing customer relationships and identifying cross selling opportunities for new business.
- Understand customer needs to deliver solutions that help your customers grow their businesses. Plan, prepare and conduct customer visits and complete accurate call reports.
- Provide after-sales support to customers concerning logistical, technical, business and payment issues, and management of general customer queries.
- Assist in the preparation of various reports, customer marketing literature and strategic plans for the region.
- Liaise with other business units in support of sales and activities, and keep up to date with developments in EMEAI region.
- Develop technical knowledge of the product range through technical training, internal or external, to better understand customer issues and provide support.
- When necessary identify, appoint, and support new and existing local agents, consultants etc.
- Work with technical and commercial teams to help achieve the company’s goals in the regions.
- Represent the company at industry events and interacting with shareholders as required.
- Focus on the objectives that will drive success in your territory
KEY SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES
- Sales & Marketing qualification (National or Post Grad Diploma etc)
- Proven track record of international sales experience and extensive business travel within Africa
- Some technical understanding of Fuels products and/ or experience in oil or related industry
- Demonstrable understanding of business and marketing principles
- French speaker
- Good interpersonal skills and commercial acumen
- Demonstrable influencing and negotiation skills
- Able to work as a single point of responsibility as well as in a team
- Self motivated, tenacious, and a flexible approach to business travel
- Experience of working in an international organization would be an advantage
Attractive base salary commensurate with experience plus benefits and excellent career progression opportunities.
For full details contact Keeley Robinson at Oil Recruitment on 0044(1)565 626754 or 0044(0)7854 576318 or apply direct to firstname.lastname@example.org
Africa, North Africa, Ghana, Business Manager, Head of Sales, Senior Sales Manager, Sales Manager, Petroleum Additives, Fuel Additives, Lubricant Additives, Downstream, Oil & Gas, Sales & Marketing, French speaking, Cameroon, Chad, Congo, Gabon, Africa, Ivory Coast, Kenya, Niger, Nigeria, Mauritania, Sudan, Zambia, Specialty Chemicals, Business Development Manager,
Oil Recruitment has been recruiting within the lubricants and additives sector since 1999. We work with major oil companies, lubricant, additives and chemical manufacturers and independent blenders. We specialise in the recruitment of R&D, manufacturing, formulation, sales and marketing, operations, commercial, technical and engineering professionals across the UK and Europe.
Oil Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. www.oilrecruitment.co.uk