Job Reference Number:
Assistant Plant Manager
Lubricants & Chemicals
We have an exciting opportunity for a degree qualified Chemical Engineer who is looking for a hands on Plant Management opportunity with a clear career progression path to join an established refinery in Staffordshire. As Assistant Plant Manager you will play a key role in the management and operations of the existing site in addition the company’s expansion plans over the next 2-3 years. This in itself is a fantastic opportunity to be involved with both the design and construction of new plant processes with a view to then stepping up to a Plant Manager position.
You will be the first point of contact for the operators in most cases, as well as being a contact point for customers and suppliers. As such you will represent the company name externally.
This is an excellent career opportunity for an ambitious graduate with at least 5 years on site refinery experience and a good knowledge of distillation to join a financially strong, long established privately owned business. You could be something of a fairly big fish in a smaller pond with the opportunity to run an entire refinery!
KEY SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES
- Minimum 1st or 2nd class Honours degree in chemical engineering
- Previous hands on refinery experience is essential, ideally 5+ years
- Distillation experience is essential
- Proven experience of chemicals management from a refinery/chemical manufacturing environment
- Experience of identifying and managing process improvements.
- Project management experience
- Previous mentoring/supervisory experience or ideally management of a small team
- Able to multi task with a flexible approach to work.
- You will enjoy both the engineering and theoretical/chemical aspects of the role
- Capable of performing manual tasks if required
- A confident communicator and team player with a good sense of humour!
- Evidence of long term senior management potential
- Ambitious individual with a long term career outlook and entrepreneurial flair.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who meets the above requirement to make what could be their first step into a Plant Management position.
An attractive base salary commensurate with experience, flexible benefits package to suit, pension, healthcare, together with clear career progression to Plant Manager.
For full details contact Keeley Robinson on 0044 (0)1565 626754 or send your cv and application directly to email@example.com
Refining, Refinery, Oil refining, Oil, Base Oils, Plant Manager, Operations, Site Manager, Process Engineer, Chemical Engineer, Staffordshire, Stoke on Trent, Derbyshire, Cheshire, West Midlands, Distillation,
Oil Recruitment has been recruiting within the lubricants and additives sector since 1999. We work with major oil companies, lubricant, additives and chemical manufacturers and independent blenders. We specialise in the recruitment of R&D, manufacturing, formulation, sales and marketing, operations, commercial, technical and engineering professionals across the UK and Europe.
Oil Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. www.oilrecruitment.co.uk