Job Reference Number:
Senior Development Chemist
Lubricants & Speciality Chemicals
We have a very exciting opportunity for an experienced Development Chemist to take on the role of Senior Product Development Chemist with a leading developer, manufacturer, and distributor of industrial lubricants and greases. Reporting to the Technical Manager you will typically lead product development activities and provide technical support to other divisions within the business and key accounts.
Typically you will have experience of leading projects, mentoring, evaluating new product development requirements, and product formulation. Demonstrable client facing and troubleshooting skills are key for this solutions focused senior level role.
Previous industry experience can be from a range of sectors including oil & lubricant development, pharmaceutical, personal care, food processing, engineering, or general manufacturing. A strong technical background, good product development and formulation skills are essential
- Identify formulations to improve performance and provide competitive advantage
- Provide technical support to other divisions within the business and for Key Accounts
- Arrange and support where necessary external testing of products
- Ensure compliance to all quality and development procedures.
- Project Management
- Lead process reviews and oversee new product manufacture
- Support Commercial Managers in discussions and relationships with customers
- Represent the business at seminars, including delivery of presentations, papers, etc.
- Provide support to manufacturing and other departments as required
- Promote departmental improvements and support departmental initiatives
- Ensure high Housekeeping and Safety standards within the Laboratories
KEY SKILLS / ATTRIBUTES
- Chemistry or Science related degree
- Relevant professional memberships
- Minimum 4 years laboratory, product formulation, new product development experience (oils, industrial lubricants, greases etc)
- Project management and troubleshooting experience
- Good commercial acumen and client facing skills
- A knowledge of lubricant additive chemistry is an advantage
- Good communicator at all levels and demonstrable presentation skills.
- Production/manufacturing environment familiarity
- An innovative thinker with a flexible approach to work
- You will enjoy working in a forward thinking, dynamic environment
Attractive base salary commensurate with experience plus benefits. This is an exciting opportunity to join a leading name in the world of speciality lubricants which carries excellent career progression opportunities.
If your experience and career plans meet the above requirements and you are local to or able to relocate to the North West of the UK contact Keeley Robinson for full details and a confidential chat on 0044 (0) 7854 576318 / 0044 (0) 1565 626754 or via firstname.lastname@example.org
Speciality chemicals, speciality lubricants, greases, oils, industrial lubricants, formulation, development chemist, product development, chemist, team leader, project management, technical, technology, North West, Niche products, product formulation, commercial, BSc, MSc, Engineering, chemistry, chemical engineering, pharmaceutical, food processing, manufacturing, chemicals, blending, formulation, formulator, tribology, technologist,
Oil Recruitment has been recruiting within the lubricants and additives sector since 1999. We work with major oil companies, lubricant, additives and chemical manufacturers and independent blenders. We specialise in the recruitment of R&D, manufacturing, formulation, sales and marketing, operations, commercial, technical and engineering professionals across the UK and Europe.
Oil Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. www.oilrecruitment.co.uk