Job Reference Number:
Our Client, a leading international manufacturer of speciality materials operating in more than 50 Countries are looking to appoint an Operations Director for their North West chemical manufacturing plant and global joint ventures. This is an exciting opportunity for someone with at least 10 years experience from the chemical process industry to take on a Board level position with a financially strong, and truly innovative organisation.
Typically you will have a strong operational management background, relevant degree qualification, and a proven track record of managing and motivating people to drive further business growth globally. Reporting Directly into the CEO as part of the Board Leadership Team you will have 3 direct reports to start and regular interaction with commercial and technical teams.
- Day to day operational management of the manufacturing site
- Leadership of the Operations Team which includes all manufacturing, site services, and engineering functions
- Overall site/global project management responsibility for all capital projects and investments through lifecycle
- Build relevant and quantifiable business cases for investment projects to ensure all projects meet business and operator needs
- As a member of the Board provide input into the development and delivery of the site strategy and goals promoting cross functional working and operational excellence
- Liaise with other departments to meet customer and operational demands, and the long term developments of the business including Procurement, Technical, Commercial, Finance, and HR
- Lead on all capital investments for site expansion both UK and overseas
- Continually seek to develop the team to ensure it has the necessary skills knowledge and motivation empowerment to meet demands.
- Ensure the team have the necessary skills, knowledge, motivation and empowerment to fulfil their roles and responsibilities
KEY SKILLS / REQUIREMENTS
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Bachelor of Science degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering
- A minimum of 10 years management experience from the chemical process industry
- Capable of operating and contributing at board level
- Strong operational background from a chemical process environment
- Strong knowledge of project engineering and mechanical maintenance works
- High value project management experience
- Demonstrable multi disciplinary team management/motivational skills
- Experience of managing JV operations outside of the UK would be a distinct advantage
- Strong analytical, decision making and problem solving skills
- Creative and flexible with the ability to problem solve and generate new idea’s
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to give clear and concise instructions and priorities to team members
- Excellent organisational and report writing skills
- A flexible approach to work and overseas travel when required
- A visionary leader with entrepreneurial flair
Attractive base salary commensurate with experience, bonus, full benefits package and board level opportunities.
For full details contact Keeley Robinson at Oil Recruitment on 0044(1)565 626754 or 0044(0)7854 576318 or apply direct to email@example.com
Operations, Operations Director, Manufacturing, Process Engineering , Chemical manufacturing, engineering, engineering management, lead engineer, CEng, Chemical Engineer, chemicals, speciality chemicals, production, Management, Board Level, Director, maintenance, Joint Ventures, project management, change management, MEng, World Class Manufacturing, WCM, Manchester, Stockport, Trafford, Greater Manchester, Lancashire, Cheshire, Derbyshire, Sheffield, UK, Overseas, Capex responsibility, change management
Oil Recruitment has been recruiting within the lubricants and additives sector since 1999. We work with major oil companies, lubricant, additives and chemical manufacturers and independent blenders. We specialise in the recruitment of R&D, manufacturing, formulation, sales and marketing, operations, commercial, technical and engineering professionals across the UK and Europe.
Oil Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. www.oilrecruitment.co.uk