Job Reference Number:
Middle, Back Office & Finance
This is an exciting opportunity to work with a new trading company with assets. They are looking for a key position for a Finance Manager with experience in the oil trading environment and ideally with some refinery experience. Excellent opportunity to progress as the company grows.
You will be a qualified Accountant with at least 6 years' experience in oil trading (ideally).
To be based in London.
- Set up and oversee all financial aspects of the company
- Drive the financial planning of the company by analysing its performance and risks
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Oversee, review and adhere to the budgets for each business department
- Ensure that all of the company’s financial practices are in line with statutory regulations and legislation
- Interpret complex financial information and provide updates and information as needed
- Prepare, review and distribute monthly management reports
- Reconcile monthly accounting P&L to operational daily P&Ls
- Preparation of the company’s statutory annual accounts audit pack and deal with external auditors
- Responsible for the filing of the quarterly VAT returns
- Liaise with the refinery finance team in month end closing
- Manages the team on a day-to-day basis, establishes workflow priorities and achieves required service levels
- Proactively manages staff performance and conducts annual performance reviews and is responsible for identifying and applying relevant policies and procedures for staff
- Works in conjunction with HR to recruit, deploy & develop staff and to anticipate current and futures needs of the business
- Fosters high performance working within the team
- Recognises achievements
- Plans and distributes workload appropriately
- Achieves required service levels
- Sets clear objectives with team and individuals
- Ensures Company / Department / Team goals are clearly communicated to all staff under area of responsibility
Data Entry, Recording & Reporting
- Brings appropriate matters to the CEO and facilitates discussion & deliberation
- Informs the CEO about trends, issues, problems & activities to facilitate policy making
- Recommends policy positions
- Maintain and share data in accordance with company data governance policies, ensuring the right information is available to the right people at the right time
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
Education: Degree in Accounting/Finance or equivalent
Qualification: Qualified ACA / ACCA/CIMA
Professional Background: Qualified accountant from a big 4 or top energy industry company with a minimum of 6 years' PQE, possesses strong technical accounting skills particularly on IFRS and UK GAAP.
Working experience: Have worked within Oil Trading and ideally with Refinery experience ( but not essential)
High awareness of current technical accounting and reporting requirements under IFRS, UK GAAP and FRS101.
Proficient in Microsoft Office and ERP
Understanding in international energy trading process
Good interpersonal and communication skills
Energetic, enthusiastic, positive and proactive
Oil Recruitment is working as an agent on behalf of a client for this role. We have been working with some of the world's leading banks, trading companies, major oil companies and utilities within the energy trading arena since 1998. We work on roles in trading, broking, risk, credit, quantitative analysis, consultancy, shipping, chartering, operations and contract analysis across the upstream and downstream energy markets in crude, oil products, gas, power and carbon. All vacancies and information on our business are at www.oilrecruitment.co.uk
Oil Recruitment is
acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. The
recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able
to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK.