Job Reference Number:
Middle, Back Office and Finance
Reporting into the VP, Global Head of Back Office Operations, the Contract Manager’s primary responsibility is to oversee the EMEA back office operations and lead activities related to validating, reviewing and generating energy contracts by following company contract process.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Key duties and responsibilities will include:
- Reconciling promptly Physical Oil trade contractual terms against Trader Deal recap/Broker recap/Counterparty confirms and validate in the ETRM system.
- Ensuring all Physical Oil sale and purchase contracts are generated and reviewed in a timely manner.
- Daily contracts filing and labeling of all contractual correspondence/emails.
- Identify potential problems, present alternatives and propose solutions.
- Communicate efficiently with all relevant internal stakeholders and team members.
- Responsible for training new hires and assist Junior Contract Analyst.
- Provide timely and accurate information to both external and internal customers.
Person Specification (Background and Skills)
- Energy contracts management experience is essential.
- Knowledge of Incoterms is essential.
- Back office waterborne contracts management experience for commodity trades is essential.
- Back office contracts management knowledge and experience relating to pipeline, trucks, railcars is desirable but not essential.
- A legal degree or an equivalent level qualification is desirable.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills are essential.
- Innovative approach to presenting solutions to business needs is essential.
- Strong planning and organisational skills are essential.
- Analytical approach and high levels of accuracy are essential.
- Ability to work to short deadlines and within a fast paced trading environment is essential.
- Strong IT skills are essential.
Recruitment is working as an agent on behalf of a client for this
role. We have been working with some of the world's leading banks,
trading companies, major oil companies and utilities within the
energy trading arena since 1998. We work on roles in trading,
broking, risk, credit, quantitative analysis, consultancy, shipping,
chartering, operations and contract analysis across the upstream and
downstream energy markets in crude, oil products, gas, power and
carbon. All vacancies and information on our business are at
Oil Recruitment is
acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. The
recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able
to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK.