Job Reference Number:
Middle, Back Office & Finance
This well respected global trading company requires a Credit Analyst to join its expanding team. To be based in London.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct credit analyses and complete periodic review of trading counterparties across a broad range of sectors and countries.
- Analyse risk inherent in commercial transactions and liaise with front office to understand the deal structure.
- Monitor credit and counterparty risk to ensure exposure remains within approved limits.
- Coordinate with relevant personnel to ensure appropriate documentation (MNA, ISDA, EFET) and risk mitigating features (security, credit insurance, parent company guarantees) are in place.
- Interact daily with front and back offices regarding credit requests and follow up with legal counsel and advisors regarding recovery actions and insurance claim.
- Perform adhoc research and analysis.
- Represent credit department views at meetings.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 2 to 5 years of experience in credit analysis acquired preferably in an oil major, commodities trading house, energy utility or financial institution.
- Understanding of the commodities markets and derivative products with experience in covering at least one of the following sectors: oil & gas, shipping, refining sectors.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and organisational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple assignments concurrently.
- Self-motivated and ability to learn quickly and take initiative to broaden his/her knowledge.
- Ability to work in a team and engage with others is essential.
- Additional languages are an advantage.
Oil Recruitment is working as an agent on behalf of a client for this role. We have been working with some of the world's leading banks, trading companies, major oil companies and utilities within the energy trading arena since 1998. We work on roles in trading, broking, risk, credit, quantitative analysis, consultancy, shipping, chartering, operations and contract analysis across the upstream and downstream energy markets in crude, oil products, gas, power and carbon. All vacancies and information on our business are at www.oilrecruitment.co.uk
Oil Recruitment is
acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. The
recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able
to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK.