Job Reference Number:
Oil Market Risk Analyst
Middle, Back Office & Finance
To support the functions of the Market Risk & Middle Office team in evaluating all market risks the business is exposed to, with a specific focus on London books.
Responsibilities will include running local and regional VAR numbers, valuing options/greeks exposure, evaluating the performance of trading strategies and contributing to the enhancement and development of SOCAR’s market risk infrastructure. The Market Risk Analyst will work alongside the Middle Office Team, and also be involved in the production of daily Position & PnL reports.
The Market Risk Analyst will work closely with Trading and IT Business Development in the performance of their duties and as such will need to be able to communicate clearly and fluently in English, manage multiple priorities and deliver results under pressure.
- Produce daily VAR numbers for the London Trading Team, and cover other regional locations as required;
- Provide daily breakdown of options exposure and produce PnL explained by greek reports;
- Support the development of other risk metrics including stress-testing and liquidity analysis;
- Assist in the production of reports to provide senior management with a clear view of trading performance/risk;
- Provide support as necessary to the Middle Office team in the reporting of daily PnL and positions to the front office;
- Support the risk manager in the evaluation of new projects, new business, and any other analysis required by the business.
At least 2-3 years in a Crude Oil/Products focussed risk role.
Strong experience in Market risk reporting and analysis.
Good knowledge of VAR calculation, sensitivities & Greeks.
Other programing languages (C# for example)
Exposure to LNG and/or NatGas risk reporting.
Exposure to Freight Trading and risk reporting.
Experience building stress-testing and risk evaluation tools.
The Market Risk Analyst will report directly to the Market Risk and Middle Office Manager in London.
Oil Recruitment is working as an agent on behalf of a client for this role. We have been working with some of the world's leading banks, trading companies, major oil companies and utilities within the energy trading arena since 1998. We work on roles in trading, broking, risk, credit, quantitative analysis, consultancy, shipping, chartering, operations and contract analysis across the upstream and downstream energy markets in crude, oil products, gas, power and carbon. All vacancies and information on our business are at www.oilrecruitment.co.uk
Oil Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. www.oilrecruitment.co.uk