Job Reference Number:
Senior Crude Market Analyst
Mid Office & Finance
The primary objective is to support crude oil traders in London, Geneva and other offices with a fundamentals-orientated assessment of EMEA, Central Asia and Asia-Pacific oil markets.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The responsibilities of the role will include:
- The development of databases, statistical and analysis tools and related data-validation processes
- Analysis of refinery operation data, refining margins, trade flows, loading programs supply/demand balances and market pricing data
- Upgrading of existing market analysis tools
- Preparation of continuously updated market analysis/assessment reports and information for crude oil traders
- Performing quantitative risk analysis and monitoring of new projects and term trading strategies
- Working with London’s Senior IT Business Analyst IT and external service providers on the development of systems, data-flows and databases to capture and manage data required to support above
- Working closely with IT to ensure that existing and future market and trade data systems are integrated effectively
- Delivering ad-hoc research for specific projects or proposed new business areas.
Up to 5+ years’ experience
Experience with SQL, SQL reporting tools and Tableau would be a significant advantage.
Expert level MS Excel / VBA.
Extensive experience of market analysis and forecasting using advanced statistical analysis.
Oil Recruitment is working as an agent on behalf of a client for this role. We have been working with some of the world's leading banks, trading companies, major oil companies and utilities within the energy trading arena since 1998. We work on roles in trading, broking, risk, credit, quantitative analysis, consultancy, shipping, chartering, operations and contract analysis across the upstream and downstream energy markets in crude, oil products, gas, power and carbon. All vacancies and information on our business are at www.oilrecruitment.co.uk.