Job Reference Number:
Mid Office & Finance
Data Scientist required to join an expanding Oil Market Analysis team in London.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Data Analyst will be part of the analysis team in London. The role will include:
- Working with complex data-sets in order to understand, define and monitor business KPIs
- Use advanced analytical tools including machine learning and predictive modelling to analyse world oil markets
- Gathering and analysing data sets
- Develop statistical learning models
- Work with Data Analysts and Oil Market Desk Analysts to coordinate research
- Design data structure for the business worldwide.
Up to 5+ years’ experience
Experience with SQL, SQL reporting tools and Tableau would be a significant advantage.
Expert level MS Excel / VBA.
Extensive experience of market analysis and forecasting using advanced statistical analysis.
Oil Recruitment is working as an agent on behalf of a client for this role. We have been working with some of the world's leading banks, trading companies, major oil companies and utilities within the energy trading arena since 1998. We work on roles in trading, broking, risk, credit, quantitative analysis, consultancy, shipping, chartering, operations and contract analysis across the upstream and downstream energy markets in crude, oil products, gas, power and carbon. All vacancies and information on our business are at www.oilrecruitment.co.uk.