Job Reference Number:
Indirect Tax Consultant
Middle Office & Finance
The appointed person will join the in-house tax department. The in-house tax department specialises in supporting the business in all aspects of taxation (local or international taxation regimes, corporate tax, indirect tax) and supporting the business in the management of their taxes. The in-house tax department analyses situations, solves problems and detects opportunities, being in contact with the tax authorities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Indirect Tax Consultant will be based in Germany and will have responsibilities for:
- Customs and Excise (Energy Tax) advisory and compliance work (licences, processes and returns)
Moreover he or she will support the in-house tax department with other type of Indirect Tax work such as:
- Optimization of the supply chain
- VAT returns
- EBV returns
- BAFA returns
- Bio mass balance and quota fulfilment
- Maintenance of tax data systems.
Other statistical reports
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Well organised, disciplined and have the ability to follow through on tasks
- Have the ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Pronounced sense of responsibility
- Excellent judgment, results- and decisions-oriented
- Able to work across organisational and cultural boundaries
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Have the ability to prioritize and work under pressure
- Be accurate and have good judgmental, numerical and analytical skills
- Be motivated and confident.
- Be fluent in German and have good knowledge of English and be able to draft correspondence in English.
- Be committed to assisting with the growth of the company in-house tax department.
- High energy levels and ability to see big picture, as well as drill into the detail.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- A high school degree or similar qualification. A Tax qualification will be advantageous
- Minimum 5 years experience in Customs and Excise (Energy Tax) matters for Germany
- Other European countries experience will be a plus
- Customs and Excise (Energy Tax) compliance experience
- Experience in the Oil industry considered an advantage
- Understanding of the market price mechanisms
- German and English fluent
- Be computer literate and have a good working knowledge of Excel/Access and accounting software.
Oil Recruitment is working as an agent on behalf of a client for this role. We have been working with some of the world's leading banks, trading companies, major oil companies and utilities within the energy trading arena since 1998. We work on roles in trading, broking, risk, credit, quantitative analysis, consultancy, shipping, chartering, operations and contract analysis across the upstream and downstream energy markets in crude, oil products, gas, power and carbon. All vacancies and information on our business are at www.oilrecruitment.co.uk