Job Reference Number:
Senior VAT/Indirect Tax Compliance Leader
Middle Office & Finance
Reporting to the Group Head of Tax, this role will involve the overhaul, development and
leadership of company’s German Indirect Tax Compliance capability based in Germany.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The role has a number of key responsibilities:
- Driving refresh and subsequent refinement of the standard indirect tax (e.g. VAT, Excise & Statistical reporting) compliance process. Making it fit for purpose to cope with the continuous growth in our company
- Structuring the German Indirect Tax function and team to support Finance and the wider business operations
- Working with internal teams in defining data sources, formats and processes for ongoing reporting purposes
- Providing quality assurance over German Indirect Tax returns including sense-checking for specific VAT treatments and Excise treatments
- Interacting with and supporting Indirect Tax colleagues in other VARO countries.
- Support the company with special projects e.g. ERP implementation / upgrades, mergers & acquisitions and change of overall supply chain.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
Competencies required in order to perform this role satisfactorily include:
- Good VAT technical skills ideally from a previous role in practice or industry. Previous oil industry knowledge is helpful, but not necessarily required
- An interest and strong capability in VAT return processing, process improvement and technology enablement
- Excellent team building and people management skills
- Hands-on attitude, lead team but also actively participate in our Indirect Tax Compliance process
- Developed MS Office skills (Excel in particular) and good affinity with IT/ERP systems
- Language skills should include good German and English capabilities.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Training as a taxation specialist or commercial training with additional qualification as Accountant and/or relevant studies
- Minimum 7-10 years of experience in Indirect Tax / VAT.
- Excellent judgement, results and decisions oriented
- Well organised, disciplined, able to follow through
- Able to work across organisational and cultural boundaries
- Excellent communication skills
- Team player, with an open non-political style and a high level of personal integrity
- High energy levels and ability to see big picture, as well as drill into the detail
- Be accurate and have good judgemental, numerical and analytical skills
- Be motivated and confident.
Oil Recruitment is working as an agent on behalf of a client for this role. We have been working with some of the world's leading banks, trading companies, major oil companies and utilities within the energy trading arena since 1998. We work on roles in trading, broking, risk, credit, quantitative analysis, consultancy, shipping, chartering, operations and contract analysis across the upstream and downstream energy markets in crude, oil products, gas, power and carbon. All vacancies and information on our business are at www.oilrecruitment.co.uk