Job Reference Number:
Product Control Senior Analyst (Singapore)
Middle, Back Office & Finance
Our client is a leading physical bunker and lubricant supplier with an international network of offices and operations in the world's busiest ports. They operate as a physical distributor as well as a reseller of global marine fuel (bunker). They are now looking to appoint a Product Control Senior Analyst based in Singapore.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsibility for the preparation and production of the daily P&L reporting process and timely provision of monthly key performance indicators to enable the business team to understand and manage commercial & trading performance, including daily volumetric exposure, stock control, P&L reporting, analysis, limit monitoring and monthly MI (Management Information) to MA (Management Accounts) reconciliations;
- Close liaison with sales desks and traders in contract locations to ensure data is accurate and timely; and, with the physical operations teams for reviewing all stock movements, either in tank, barges, waterborne, in pipe, etc (delivered or to be delivered);
- Identify and implement process and system improvements to streamline activities performed by core team and enable increased focus on results analysis;
- Reviewing and checking daily physical and paper transactions have been posted correctly, are within Trading Delegations of Authority, and also to ensure the hedging is carried out correctly each day;
- Proactively providing to the business beneficial commercial analysis. Specifically monthly commercial performance measures, fixed cost reporting and analysis, analysis of pricing and basis risk around physical operations;
- Stock control; To analyse the operative performance of our barges (loadings, deliveries, transfers, loss control) and terminals and look for cost reduction opportunities;
- Ensuring integrity of data through the implementation and use of suitable controls;
- Development and maintenance of suitable infrastructure in support of business growth;
- Responsibility for the month end close process;
- To coordinate and review the proper flow of necessary documentation, e.g. for validation purposes etc;
- Add hoc (financial) analysis and reporting, as requested;
- General administrative duties. Maintaining suitable and robust audit trails.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Degree, or equivalent, in Finance/Engineering/Mathematics or similar high numeracy discipline
- Accounting qualification (ACA, CIMA) preferred; GARP ERP
- Professional Background
- Energy Trading Product Control and/or Market Risk (or Trading)
- Working Experience
- Minimum 6 years relevant experience within oil trading; additionally the candidate will have held other relevant positions within an energy trading environment.
- Very strong understanding of risks and P&L attribution;
- Excellent communication and relationship management skills, internationally across the group; and, externally;
- Track record of improving (or devising and implementing) controls;
- Track record of improving existing procedures;
- Experience in physical oil operations;
- Able to work alone, on own initiative, as well as part of a team;
- Experience of managing or supporting significant business growth;
- Able to prioritise an co-ordinate tasks effectively and efficiently with a can do attitude and structured way of working, even whilst working under pressure and to tight deadlines;
- Fast learner, active thinker who can gain an in-depth knowledge of the business and detailed familiarization of the daily reports. To identify easily when something doesn’t look or feel right;
- Project management/stakeholder management experience;
- Able to take and maintain an independent approach and challenge where appropriate;
- Excellent Excel capabilities to macro level (VBA).
Daily working hours may be variable and unpredictable owing to the demands of the job within an evolving trading environment; as such, the role requires a good deal of flexibility to accommodate potential demands on time.
Oil Recruitment is working as an agent on behalf of a client for this role. We have been working with some of the world's leading banks, trading companies, major oil companies and utilities within the energy trading arena since 1998. We work on roles in trading, broking, risk, credit, quantitative analysis, consultancy, shipping, chartering, operations and contract analysis across the upstream and downstream energy markets in crude, oil products, gas, power and carbon. All vacancies and information on our business are at www.oilrecruitment.co.uk
Oil Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. www.oilrecruitment.co.uk