Job Reference Number:
Senior Risk Officer
Mid Office and Finance
Reporting to: Head of Risk Management
Job Summary: Assist the Head of Risk to identify and assess threats/risks, plan actions reduce or transfer risks and report to management.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Risk assessment, which involves analysing risks as well as identifying, describing and estimating the risks affecting the business
- Risk evaluation, which involves comparing estimated risks with criteria established by the organisation
- Prepare risk reporting and share with Head of Risk
- Providing support to the Head of Risk
- Part of the team following and implementing an overall risk management process for the organisation, under the supervision of the Head of Risk
- Cover for colleagues during absence (annual leave, sick leave, etc.)
- Experience of 6+ years within the Risk department (Oil industry)
- Experience of working within an international environment
- Clear and strong understanding of Oil and Gas business
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong Excel and ERP skills
- Effective communication skills
- Excellent verbal and written use of English
- Any additional languages (e.g. French) is a plus
- Proven ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
Oil Recruitment is working as an agent on behalf of a client for this role. We have been working with some of the world's leading banks, trading companies, major oil companies and utilities within the energy trading arena since 1998. We work on roles in trading, broking, risk, credit, quantitative analysis, consultancy, shipping, chartering, operations and contract analysis across the upstream and downstream energy markets in crude, oil products, gas, power and carbon. All vacancies and information on our business are at www.oilrecruitment.co.uk.