Job Reference Number:
Compliance and KYC Manager
Mid Office & Finance
Compliance and KYC Manager to a leading independent energy trading company.
Report to: General Counsel
Job Summary: Support the Company’s regulatory programmes and carry out KYC verification.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collect, consolidate and manage documents received from trading counterparties, business partners, agents, consultants and other parties, such as corporate, financial and regulatory information
- Disclose company information to counterparties ensuring that the privacy and confidentiality of such information is maintained
- Evaluate counterparty risks, including the identification of key issues, verifying appropriate risk profile and liaising with various groups (legal, trade finance, operations) to ensure a robust risk analysis and assessment
- Validate data and ensure that the supporting documentation is appropriately recorded and archived
- Review and update internal compliance procedures when necessary and apply these effectively and efficiently
- Investigate and assess alerts relating to potential money laundering risks to the company
- Stay current with money compliance and KYC behaviours, issues, policies, regulations and industry best practice
- Carry out relevant KYC searches including online checks or liaison with relevant registries and authorities
- Provide guidance and training to existing (and any new) compliance officers in other offices of the Group
- Verify and validate other compliance officer’s KYC reports
- Ensure a timely KYC internal process.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Experienced using analytical tools and KYC automated solutions
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Highly detail oriented, organized in work and confidential
- Competent in day to day contractual correspondence
- Proven ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent Internet navigation skills
- Ability to multi task effectively ad leverage internal resources
- Ability to coordinate with and drive the work of the compliance officers in other offices
- Computer literacy and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel)
- Ability to work cooperatively with all levels of employees and management.
- Relevant experience of 2-3 years within a Trading House or Financial Services.
- Bachelor’s or higher degree (Business or Law)
Oil Recruitment is working as an agent on behalf of a client for this role. We have been working with some of the world's leading banks, trading companies, major oil companies and utilities within the energy trading arena since 1998. We work on roles in trading, broking, risk, credit, quantitative analysis, consultancy, shipping, chartering, operations and contract analysis across the upstream and downstream energy markets in crude, oil products, gas, power and carbon. All vacancies and information on our business are at www.oilrecruitment.co.uk.