Job Reference Number:
Settlements Analyst - LNG, Gas & Power
Mid Office & Finance
Settlement analyst responsible for LNG, gas and power, emissions and FX settlement.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To handle physical trade settlements including contract terms review, due date control and billing from ETRM systems and SAP including:
- Reviewing contracts/service agreements for settlement purposes
- Checking purchases and sales orders in SAP through the interface
- Recording and checking payment due dates
- Price confirmation with counterparties and billing/invoicing of sales with provisional and final invoices and netting statement
- Process secondary costs including additional cost
- Supply weekly cash forecasting for Treasury detailing purchases and sales in order to provision cash flow
- Liaising with traders and operators to resolve disputes and ensure accurate and timely payments and receipts
- Resolving third party disputes
- To carry out with the procedure/process implemented in ETRM, SAP and other network system
- Month-end process (accruals and balance reconciliation)
- To provide trading performance analysis information
- To work on IT change request.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Settlement experience in LNG, power and gas is necessary, ideally with LC Knowledge
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and trading/accounting system (Endur and SAP experience definitely is a plus)
- Excellent team working and networking skills
- Possess good interpersonal and communication skills
- Energetic, enthusiastic, positive and proactive.
- Minimum 3-5 years relevant experience, with thorough understanding of the settlement process and industry related compliance requirement.
- Finance, Accounts or equivalent.
- Degree in Finance/Banking/Commercial/Maritime Studies or equivalent.
Working hours 0900 am to 1730 pm
Oil Recruitment is working as an agent on behalf of a client for this role. We have been working with some of the world's leading banks, trading companies, major oil companies and utilities within the energy trading arena since 1998. We work on roles in trading, broking, risk, credit, quantitative analysis, consultancy, shipping, chartering, operations and contract analysis across the upstream and downstream energy markets in crude, oil products, gas, power and carbon. All vacancies and information on our business are at www.oilrecruitment.co.uk