Job Reference Number:
Credit Risk Analyst
Mid Office & Finance
Our client is a market leading specialist in supplying energy to businesses and organisations of all sizes. In the last eight years they have expanded into new territories, entered new markets, grown their customer base and employed more people. From their North West based headquarters they serve over 15,000 customers across the UK and provide support to their teams in France, Germany and the Netherlands.
This position is responsible for supporting the operations and development of risk management activities.
The main roles are:
- The preparation and presentation of credit applications for approval, either under the job holder’s credit authority level, or by escalation to the credit authority (as detailed in the prevailing delegation of authorities).
- The continued review of risk processes and the credit quality within the portfolio, proactively identifying opportunities to optimise risk, whilst ensuring overall business and market objectives are met.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To process new business applications and periodic credit limit reviews within the pre-agreed timescales.
- The above to include the preparation of detailed counterparty Credit Application Requests, incorporating a detailed financial analysis and a full appraisal of all credit risk factors.
- Each credit application prepared by the job holder is to either recommend a decision to the appropriate level of authority, or to formally document the decision when the authority lies within the job holder’s delegated credit authority level.
- To ensure all credit applications processed and the associated reporting is conducted with full compliance to both Gazprom Energy and Gazprom Group credit rules and procedures.
- Constantly review credit process and systems, in particular Credit / Sales interfaces, ensuring optimal processes are in place.
- Regular review of Gazprom Energy Credit policy – proactively identifying opportunities for mitigating credit risk, whilst allowing for managed growth.
- Participate in meetings with Commercial and the customers directly, in order to resolve issues and identify solutions that enable credit facilities to be approved.
- Monitor the credit limit review schedule for all counterparties to ensure the timely renewal of facilities.
- Support the Credit Risk Management function by ensuring that parent company guarantees and letters of credit in master agreements are monitored, reviewed and updated where necessary (according to changes with market and trade exposure).
- Ensure that all administration for credit insurance for the counterparties reviewed by the job holder are properly completed & submitted.
- In addition the job holder will be responsible for KPI and OPI reporting i.e. turn-around time, decision details, and terms and conditions for each application analyzed.
- To participate in departmental projects, in order to develop credit risk management techniques and systems.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Strong analytical skills. Excel skills mandatory.
- Able to cope with rapid business growth and pressurized environment.
- Ability to assess complex problems and deliver solutions.
- Able to work under pressure and adaptability to a changing environment.
- Pro-active in achieving results.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Written presentations skills, with strong attention to detail.
- Strong desire and ability to learn new skills.
- Able to work as part of a team as well as individually.
- Diligent and reliable.
- Ideally knowledge of corporate credit assessment in the Energy sector (although this is not mandatory).
- Ability to produce accurate reports to meet tight deadlines
- An understanding of company Accounts and experience in financial analysis.
- Degree level education, finance or business subject preferred
Oil Recruitment is working as an agent on behalf of a client for this role. We have been working with some of the world's leading banks, trading companies, major oil companies and utilities within the energy trading arena since 1998. We work on roles in trading, broking, risk, credit, quantitative analysis, consultancy, shipping, chartering, operations and contract analysis across the upstream and downstream energy markets in crude, oil products, gas, power and carbon. All vacancies and information on our business are at www.oilrecruitment.co.uk