Job Reference Number:
Compliance and KYC Officer
Mid Office & Finance
Our client is among the world's leading independent energy trading companies. They are looking for a Compliance and KYC Officer to be based in their London office.
You will report to the Global Head of Compliance and Bank Documentation and your role will be to provide analysis and support on Compliance and KYC.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Investigate and assess alerts relating to potential money laundering and fraud risks in and out-side the organization
- Daily assessment of KYC by ensuring that all findings are duly recorded and followed up with management so that issues can be rectified
- Stay current with money Compliance and KYC behaviours, issues, policies, regulations and industry best practices
- Weekly status reports
- Provide assistance in terms of any adhoc KYC queries or projects
- Perform various general administrative duties (such as file creation and maintenance of ongoing administrative projects)
- Continuous exchange within the organisation to update, educate all staff members about compliance (not only the regulations but also the impact of compliance activity to the organisation)
- Conduct periodic internal reviews or audits to ensure that compliance procedures are followed
- Identify compliance issues that require follow-up or investigation.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Relevant experience of 2-3 years within a Trading House or Financial Services
- Ability to organize and analyze data
- Computer literacy and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel)
- Excellent Internet navigation skills
- Competent in day to day contractual correspondence
- Experienced using analytical tools and KYC automated solutions
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented and highly confidential
- Proven ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines .
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in Business or Law.
Oil Recruitment is working as an agent on behalf of a client for this role. We have been working with some of the world's leading banks, trading companies, major oil companies and utilities within the energy trading arena since 1998. We work on roles in trading, broking, risk, credit, quantitative analysis, consultancy, shipping, chartering, operations and contract analysis across the upstream and downstream energy markets in crude, oil products, gas, power and carbon. All vacancies and information on our business are at www.oilrecruitment.co.uk