Job Reference Number:
Senior Trade Finance Officer
Mid Office and Finance
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage all aspects of trade finance; operation of letters of credit, standby letters of credit, bonds and guarantees. Monitoring of internal credit lines. Non-payment risk sell off to banks and insurance companies. Declaration of Cargo insurance.
- Maintain and manage borrowing base facilities
- Understand, analyse and negotiate sub limits of borrowing base facilities for payment
- Ensure correct receipt of order certifications for tanker storage and BL’s for floating storage
- Reconcile mark to market positions of banks
- Establish a strong working relationship with traders, operations and finance team. Proactive communication with all departments. Liaise with banks, local and overseas counterparts when necessary so as to ensure timely receipt and issuance of financial security, receipt of payments and delivery of cargoes.
- Liaise with suppliers, buyers, banks so as to ensure timely receipt and issuance of financial security, receipt of payments and delivery of cargoes.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Very good knowledge of Microsoft applications such as Word (intermediate) and Excel (advanced)
- Excellent attention to detail
- Be a natural team-player capable of participation at all levels with good interpersonal and communication skill
- Ability to work independently and prioritise workload in line with business requirements.
- Minimum of at least 7+ years experience in Trade Finance
- Experience in managing borrowing base facilities
- Experience of gas blending finances
- Extensive track record of in-depth working relationships with global organisation offices
- Experiences above gained within a Trading company or Commodities bank
- Prior experience in the trading or shipping industry will be an advantage.
Oil Recruitment is working as an agent on behalf of a client for this role. We have been working with some of the world's leading banks, trading companies, major oil companies and utilities within the energy trading arena since 1998. We work on roles in trading, broking, risk, credit, quantitative analysis, consultancy, shipping, chartering, operations and contract analysis across the upstream and downstream energy markets in crude, oil products, gas, power and carbon. All vacancies and information on our business are at www.oilrecruitment.co.uk