Job Reference Number:
Risk and Product Control Analyst
Middle Office and Finance
Working closely with Traders and Operators; reporting margins and market positions and ensuring PnL is in line with underlying business events.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Risk and Product Control Responsibilities:
- Timely preparation of the daily PnL and exposure reports
- Preparation of VaR calculations
- Ensure compliance with the Group’s risk management policy
- Month-end reporting to finance
- Daily reconciliation of paper positions
- Daily preparation of credit reporting data
- Assisting Front Office and management with ad-hoc queries
- Development of business process within ETRM system.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Strong analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- Prioritises control or risk issues and communicates rapidly upwards
- A strong communicator
- Team player
- Independent and innovative
- Able to maintain focus and drive in a challenging environment
- Achieve consensus on change and then implement
- Will be a partner to the business.
- 2 years’ experience in physical oil trading environment
- 2 years’ risk/product control or Middle Office experience
- Understanding of physical and financial trading dynamics
- ETRM system experience
- Fluency in excel
- Understanding of maths/statistical concepts for VaR calculations.
- Analytical degree.
Oil Recruitment is working as an agent on behalf of a client for this role. We have been working with some of the world's leading banks, trading companies, major oil companies and utilities within the energy trading arena since 1998. We work on roles in trading, broking, risk, credit, quantitative analysis, consultancy, shipping, chartering, operations and contract analysis across the upstream and downstream energy markets in crude, oil products, gas, power and carbon. All vacancies and information on our business are at www.oilrecruitment.co.uk