Job Reference Number:
Market Risk Analyst
South West England
Market Risk Analyst for leading energy trading company, based in their Risk Department.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
You will be responsible for the valuation, analysis and provision of daily risk and performance information for the trading desks and senior management. The trading desks have a wide range of complex and interesting business activities that require a strong risk team to partner and control them. You will be a key part of this and as such you will need to be keen to learn about their commercial activities and be able to provide support to the business using your expertise and knowledge, both technically and commercially. You will also contribute to Risk-wide projects, and to ongoing activities designed to enhance the efficiency of the team.
You will be invited to relevant training courses and provided with a wealth of on-the-job training to ensure you develop as a risk analyst and build the necessary skills to further your career.
- Providing detailed analysis of risk measures, positions, P&L and trading strategies for senior management, finance and traders.
- Valuation and risk assessment of new products.
- Preparing position, risk and P&L reports for the desks’ trading books on a daily and monthly basis.
- Working with the traders to identify, quantify and communicate the market risks they carry.
- Working with risk teams in other locations to deliver timely reports and analysis.
- Very comfortable and confident with numerical analysis.
- Keen to embrace the challenge of working in a complex and interesting trading environment.
- Understanding of commodity trading
- Able to demonstrate consistent delivery of targets and ability to manage workload in a pressurised environment.
- Confident using Excel
- Educated to degree level or equivalent, preferably in a Science-based or closely related subject.
- Working experience in the energy business / energy trading environment.
- Experience of risk management.
- Experience of modelling, option theory, Monte-Carlo simulation techniques, Greeks, pricing models, stress testing, VaR concepts.
Oil Recruitment is working as an agent on behalf of a client for this role. We have been working with some of the world's leading banks, trading companies, major oil companies and utilities within the energy trading arena since 1998. We work on roles in trading, broking, risk, credit, quantitative analysis, consultancy, shipping, chartering, operations and contract analysis across the upstream and downstream energy markets in crude, oil products, gas, power and carbon. All vacancies and information on our business are at www.oilrecruitment.co.uk
Oil Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. www.oilrecruitment.co.uk