Job Reference Number:
My client is seeking to recruit a Contracts Analyst to play a key role in the trading, operations and treasury divisions with responsibility for ensuring the timely delivery and administration of all aspects of cargo contracts. To be based in London. Reporting to the General Counsel and working with the Contracts Manager.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Drafting and sending Contracts for the purchase and sale of mineral oils (primarily gasoline, gasoline components and distillate, biofuels and biofuel feedstocks) ensuring that the contracts are complete and, in place in a timely and practicable manner.
- Requesting, reviewing and understanding counterparty contracts ensuring the content reflects the Deal concluded.
- Reviewing and understanding Charterparty terms and advising Shipping/Trading departments accordingly on best practice, key risks and operational impact.
- Provide visibility to the business on standard and bespoke contract positions through the use and management of IT reporting tools.
- Have core responsibility for the audit/ compliance and contract standards for the expanding Brazilian business.
- Contracts Administration – managing the receipt of original documents, ensuring all the required documents have been signed, received and uploaded into Data Management System. Have a full functioning knowledge of the business systems to be an effective resource for the other practice groups.
- Liaising with Traders, Treasury Department and Operations Department to ensure the timely opening of letters of credit and other ancillary requirements to assist in achieving the efficient funding and delivery of stock.
- Have a full functioning knowledge of the business systems to be an effective resource for the other practice groups.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
Analytical and problem solving skills alongside a flair for developing and initiating new ideas on a timely and accurate basis;
- Ability to prioritise and work in a structured and ordered manner
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, self motivation;
- Overall strength of character with the ability to operate at all levels of the business coupled with the business acumen and sound commercial judgment to build credible relationships;
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines through organisational and planning abilities;
- Enthusiastic approach to work with a drive to create and evolve with changing processes; and
- Language skills.
Solid and proven experience of cargo contracts and international commodity shipments.
- A good understanding of shipping operations and charter party terms
- Knowledge and understanding of Industry General Terms and Conditions, Incoterms 2010 and Charterparty Terms and Conditions
- Practical and relevant experience in the oil or a related sector
- Advanced Excel and Word skills
Oil Recruitment is working as an agent on behalf of a client for this role. We have been working with some of the world's leading banks, trading companies, major oil companies and utilities within the energy trading arena since 1998. We work on roles in trading, broking, risk, credit, quantitative analysis, consultancy, shipping, chartering, operations and contract analysis across the upstream and downstream energy markets in crude, oil products, gas, power and carbon. All vacancies and information on our business are at www.oilrecruitment.co.uk