Job Reference Number:
Exciting opportunity to join a Global Commodity Trading company. Our client is looking for an Energy Analyst to be based in their London office. Initially a one year fixed term contract but with scope for a permanent role.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Reconciliation of the company’s daily cleared open position with the Exchange
- Reconciliation of the company’s daily margin call with the Clearing House
- Optimising the company’s Initial Margin (IM) exposure and recommending potential market switches the desk can undertake to reduce IM exposure
- Weekly management reporting on the Company’s IM exposure
- Independently query, challenge and resolve reconciliation discrepancies with the Clearing House and Trading Desk
- Counterparty confirmation for OTC trades,
- Drafting OTC paper confirmations compliant with ISDA Definitions.
- Checking incoming OTC paper and electronic confirmations
- Chasing outstanding, and inbound, OTC paper confirmations.
- Invoicing and agreeing settlements for OTC transactions.
- Perform Portfolio reconciliation as required by EMIR.
- Reconciling and settling Brokerage invoices.
- Undertaking Brokerage fee analysis and providing recommendations to traders how to optimise their fee exposure
- Perform system and control audits and successfully deliver solutions to remove bottlenecks.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with all areas of the business, particularly with Front Office, Compliance, Credit and Risk Managers
- General administrative duties required.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
Excellent attention to detail, communication and organisational skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team, ensuring crucial deadlines are met whilst delivering high standards at all times.
- Competent level of knowledge around the clearing process for oil and gas contracts and in particular understand the pricing and settlement mechanism associated with such contracts
- Ability yo undertake a review of systems and controls and successfully deliver solutions.
Oil Recruitment is working as an agent on behalf of a client for this role. We have been working with some of the world's leading banks, trading companies, major oil companies and utilities within the energy trading arena since 1998. We work on roles in trading, broking, risk, credit, quantitative analysis, consultancy, shipping, chartering, operations and contract analysis across the upstream and downstream energy markets in crude, oil products, gas, power and carbon. All vacancies and information on our business are at www.oilrecruitment.co.uk