Job Reference Number:
Senior Group Tax Advisor
Senior Group Tax Advisor to support the Group Tax Manager of an energy refining and trading company on a wide variety of projects across all tax heads.
An experienced tax accountant to provide support for tax systems, risk and advisory function with focus on oil refining and trading, and gas and power trading business. The role will be focused on corporation tax and VAT compliance and accounting, but will include responsibilities and opportunities to advise on business transactions.
The Senior Group Tax Advisor will also get exposure to the international business and will be a key support for the group’s international operations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Providing tax support to ensure that any tax queries are dealt with across the business and identify opportunities for tax savings and tax risk management;
- Research and provide tax advice around the tax implications of key transactions and investment decisions for the business;
- Provide tax support for the groups expanding international business units and projects
- Calculating and preparing tax charges, provisions and notes both for the purposes of tax accounting.
- Leading and co-ordinating the preparation of UK corporate tax returns
- Prepare year end corporate tax returns and assist with year-end tax accounting work
- Assist the group tax manager on transfer pricing requirements and compliance in relation to same
- Assist HR function with employment tax issues when required
- Work with existing tax team to implement and manage systems support for accurate tax functionality and compliance in ETRM and SAP for products, gas, power, LNG business
- Assist with VAT compliance for the business, month end journal and account clearing functions and reconciliations
- Be flexible to take on different tax responsibilities as business and tax team grows
- Managing the relationship and interaction with global tax authorities and our external tax advisors
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Knowledge and experience of direct and indirect tax legislation and policies with particular focus on UK oil, gas and power trading
- Experience of managing and implementing tax functionality within SAP or similar ERP system
- Ability to deal with large quantities of data in providing accurate and timely tax compliance reporting must be able to communicate and deal with non-tax colleagues across a range of disciplines and seniority levels
EXPERIENCEExpect tax qualifications (ATT, ATII etc), but not essential dependent on experience
Oil Recruitment is working as an agent on behalf of a client for this role. We have been working with some of the world's leading banks, trading companies, major oil companies and utilities within the energy trading arena since 1998. We work on roles in trading, broking, risk, credit, quantitative analysis, consultancy, shipping, chartering, operations and contract analysis across the upstream and downstream energy markets in crude, oil products, gas, power and carbon. All vacancies and information on our business are at www.oilrecruitment.co.uk