Job Reference Number:
We are looking for someone with experience in Oil trading and therefore an understanding of accounting standards in an Oil business. The candidate will also need to have experience of dealing with large quantities of data and completing complex analysis.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reporting the monthly gross margin results for the crude and products entrepreneurial trading in accordance with FRS 101.
- Reconcile gross margin results to the trading system (Symphony) and to the Risk P&L to produce the MI/MA reconciliation on a monthly basis with detailed explanation on differences.
- Prepare monthly management accounts and performance reporting pack, including detailed commentary and analysis.
- Engage with multiple internal stakeholders to gather and analyse information for reporting purposes.
- Provide assurance on the application of accounting policies relevant in the Oil Industry.
- Perform other analysis, ad hoc projects and duties as needed
- Identify process inefficiencies and co-work with IT department to improve efficiency and effectiveness and processes and controls.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Background knowledge of crude & products trading
- Sufficient knowledge of trading systems. Experience in the use of Symphony trading system would be advantageous
- High level of proficiency in Excel
- Ability to analyse, interpret and evaluate complex data
- Experience of SAP is essential
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Energetic, enthusiastic, positive and proactive
- Finance, Accounts, or equivalent. International Oil Trading experience would be advantageous
At least 3 years working experience of Oil Trading P&L reporting within energy industry or commodity trading
- Degree in Accounting and Finance or equivalent
- Partial or Fully qualified ACCA/CIMA Accountant
Oil Recruitment is working as an agent on behalf of a client for this role. We have been working with some of the world's leading banks, trading companies, major oil companies and utilities within the energy trading arena since 1998. We work on roles in trading, broking, risk, credit, quantitative analysis, consultancy, shipping, chartering, operations and contract analysis across the upstream and downstream energy markets in crude, oil products, gas, power and carbon. All vacancies and information on our business are at www.oilrecruitment.co.uk